Chapter 43

Leora's POV

"Aiko, stop this already." I heard Kuya say.

I remained lying on my bed, ignoring his presence. He'll just force me to go outside. He'll just force me to go somewhere so I'll feel better.

"I know you're coping pero ilang buwan na Aiko. You have to accept it now." He said.

I felt a tear gush down my eyes. I didn't make any noise pero parang alam na niya na umiiyak ako. He lie down beside me and hugged me.

"Please, Aiko. Nasasaktan akong makita kang ganito." He whispered.

"G-Go away. Kailangan ko p-pang bumisita mamaya..."I stuttered.

He didn't say anything. Nanatili siyang nakayakap saakin but after a few minutes ay tumayo at binuksan ang kurtina.

I saw his sad eyes when I look at him. He's hurting too pero sinusubukan niyang maging matatag para saakin. We both lost someone after all.

"I know you're hurt...pero hindi niya 'to magugustuhan." He smiled sadly at me.

"You don't understand kuya. I hurt her and now she's..." I didn't finish what I was saying and broke down.

I hurt her. It was my own stupidity.

"Are you even thinking, Aiko?"

Nagsalubong ang kilay ko sa sinabi ni Ezekiel. He came to meet me. I told him about Aizel, that...special student of mine.

"And are you really sure that you like her? You're just attached because she's your student!"

"You don't know anything." I told him.

Umiling siya saakin. "Alam mong delikado ang ganyang relasyon. What would happen if people find out?"

I clench my jaw but I didn't answer because I know he got a point.

"You're just the same Dawson that I know! Selfish and does not think of other-"

I slapped him before I could finish what he's saying. Umalis ako but came back again on the next day because he called.

"What now?" I glared at him.

He then apologized. Umirap ako pero pinatawad din siya. We then talk about the happy memories we spent together. But then even in those times my mind is filled on what he said.

Selfish. I'll just put Cipher in danger. He said I'm just attached but I don't really like her...do I love her? No...do I even like her?

I stared at the dark skies not minding Ezekiel who's talking beside me. Am I really just attached? Dahil ba malapit lang kami kaya sa tingin ko gusto ko siya?

My confusion destroyed my thinking. It was the same night that Cipher saw us and my confusion destroyed the relationship that we have.

I hurt her. Not once but twice. She found out that I'm married. That was the first tine that I hurt her.

"You don't have to. I understand." She said after I begged her that I'll explain what's happening.

Umiling ako at umiiyak na sinubukan siyang hawakan. But the way she looks at me. Her eyes showing pain and regret.

Does she regret loving me?

"Why didn't you just tell me the first time I confessed!?" She shouted. Napapikit ako sa biglaan niyang pagsigaw.

She never shouts at me. She's always so gentle and loving. She tried giving me everything she has, even her own self. She gave me all of her but I just destroyed her.