Season 3 Chapter 7: WAS THAT THE BITE OF 87!?!?!?

At Mayor Kline's 4th of July Fun Fair people are having fun. Parents and kids alike are screaming with glee as the whirling carts speed around and around. People of all ages are having fun, eating snacks and having the time of their lives here.

Then the Hawkins High Marching Band starts playing and once they finish Kline walks up to the center stage as people cheer for him and he waves and makes a speech.

Kline: Now, doesn't that just lift your spirits? Let's give another big hand to the Hawkins High Marching Band!

[APPLAUSE]

That One Guy:

Kline: Okay, anyways, I hope you're all having a good time tonight. Are you having a good time?

[APPLAUSE]

That One Guy does it again getting weird stares from everyone.

Kline: I, uh... I can't hear you! Are you having a good time?

[CHEERING INTENSIFIES]

That One Guy does it again until Kline points at him subtly and someone comes in and knocks him out and drags the guy away.

Kline: Thank God. I want you to know that we spared no expense to provide you with the very best entertainment that money can buy!

At the Ferris Wheel we see Karen, Ted and Holly are assisted into the chair by a carnie.

Jimmy: Keep your arms inside.

Karen: Uh-oh! Dad can't get out now.

Ted: (Playful) Why do you enjoy torturing me?

Karen: Because it's fun.

Holly: Yeah, Dad, 'cause it's fun!

Ted: Were those your first words?

Jimmy pulls the lever, and the ride engages.

Karen: Oh, here we go.

Back to Kline he continues his speech.

Kline: But enough of me blabbering. Who here wants to see some fireworks?

[INTENSE CHEERING INTENSIFIES]

Kline: Come on, now, you can do better than that. Who here wants to see some fireworks?

[EVEN MORE INTENSE CHEERING]

Another Guy:

The Hawkins High Marching Band begin to play.

At the Ferris Wheel it comes to a sudden halt.

Ted: Uh, why are we stopping?

Karen: Because I slipped Jimmy a five.

Ted: You what?

Karen: Come on, these are the best seats in the house.

Holly: The best seats in the house.