Chapter 7: The Acrobat got Fleas!!!

Back at Mike's HQ, The group returns. Zero is laying down passed out on the couch while Eleven is seen eating food to get her energy back as she and the others are sitting at the DND table going over what they heard.

Mike: What was Will saying? Like home but dark. 

Dustin: Empty and cold, wait did he say cold?

Lucas: I don't know. The radio kept going in and out.

Dustin: It's like a riddle in the dark. El you got anything.

They look at El who is currently stuck in thought and is looking back at Zero with worry as he is still sleeping and doesn't look like he will wake up anytime soon.

???: Hey, can I play with you?

She then jolts as she snaps out of her thoughts surprised at this new scene that played in her head as the others look at her in surprise and small concern. 

Mike: You okay El?

El: Yeah, yeah, I'm still thinking about where Will is. (thinking) What was that a memory? Why now of all times? One thing at a time, first find Will, then focus on my memories. 

Dustin: Well, do you have any Ideas? He must be talking about a place he is in.

El: (thinking) Home, but dark, empty and cold, Zero flipping the board upside down and Zero himself saying that he was in the Upside Down. Wait!! (out loud) I got it!

The boys get scared from her yelling as she jumps out of her seat.

Dustin: Got what?

El pushed the figures off the board.

El: Zero said he was in the Upside Down, He entered the void and found Will when he went to sleep, and he showed us as well.

Mike: I think I get what you're saying El.

Lucas: What.

El: *flips board upside down* He flipped the board upside down when we asked him to help us find him. Think about it where did go when following Zero to look for Will.

Lucas: Will's house but he wasn't there.

Dustin also catching on due to his quick thinking spoke up.

Dustin: What if he was there, we just couldn't see him. Wait! I think that there is something like what he described in the DND book.

Dustin goes to check while the others continue to discuss as El flips the board right side up. 

Mike: I get it now. This *points at the board* is Hawkins and *flips the board over and points at it again* is where he is. Upside down.

Dustin comes back with open book in hand as he places it on the table for everyone to look at as he points to the page his on.

Dustin & El: Vale of Shadows.

Dustin: The Vale of Shadows is a dimension that is a dark reflection or echo of our world. A plane out of phase. A place of monsters. It's right next to you and you don't even know it.

Mike: I remember Will would call it the Upside Down just to mess with us as we thought that it was a stupid name.

El: Yeah, now it doesn't seem so stupid anymore.

While they were talking, they didn't notice that Zero who was asleep had a smile on his face.

Lucas: Okay so we have the 'where' but not the 'how'.

Dustin: Well, you would need to cast shadow walk to get in there.

El: Dustin this is the real world. So, we need a real-world solution as to how we do it.