Chapter 4: The Zero on Maple Street

As Zero goes through that memory, he was so angry that his breathing started to get heavy and ragged, and his fire powers started to seep out a little bit. This caused the temperature in Mikes room to increase as Karen opens the door and feels it getting hotter. 

Karen: Oh, my was it always this hot in mikes room?

Karen's words snap Zero out of his anger and started to control his powers, so he immediately turns off his powers, so the room doesn't get any hotter, so he won't be exposed. After he does that, he controls his breathing and stays silent and reflects on what just happened while he waits for Karen to leave and for Mike and El to come back. 

Zero: (thinking) Damn I almost lost control there for a moment. I need to learn to get better control over my emotions so I can make sure not to hurt anyone. I need to be more aware next time and not lose control even when I think about my time in the lab. 

His thoughts were soon interrupted when he saw the door open, and it was Mike and El as they were both sighing in relief but then ask him what happened.

Mike: What happened because I heard my mom take about how it was hot in my room even though it was not before we left?

Eleven: Did you do something that caused the room to get hotter while we were gone?

Zero: No, nothing happened as far as I'm aware.

El and Mike both look at him questioningly as they do not believe him and think that he's lying, and they want him to trust them enough to know he can be honest with them.

Mike: Come on Zero you can be honest with us. You don't need to hide anything from us, especially El. 

Eleven: Yeah, exactly friends don't lie, okay?

Zero: *Sighs* Okay fine, I got some bad memories come back when I was in the closet and so due to that I got a little bit angry which caused me to use my powers a little bit before I calmed down and prevented the situation from escalating.

El and Mike both smile and nod understanding what happened and were happy that he was honest with them especially El.

Eleven: Thank you Zero, for being honest with us and if you feel like you can't be honest with Mike and the others, you can be honest with me, okay?

El says this as Zero gives a small smile and nods at El and she hugged for extra assurance as he was surprised again but he still reciprocated none the less. 

*TIMESKIP*

It was now afternoon and Dustin and Lucas arrive to Mikes house as they shut the door behind them as they see Zero sitting on Mikes bed with El sitting next to him.

 Lucas: Are you two out of your minds.

Mike: Hear me out.

Lucas: NO! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!

Eleven: He knows about Will.

Dustin: What do you mean he knows about Will?

Mike holds u their science fair photo.

Mike: He pointed at him in the picture. He knows he was missing. We can tell.

Lucas: (skeptical) You can tell?

Eleven: Think about it. We not only found him on Mirkwood which is the same road Will disappeared on. Not only that he is also like me so he must have seen him when Will disappeared and might help us find him through his powers. Don't you think that all that might be a little to convenient?

Dustin: He's like you?

Zero lifts up his sleeve as he shows his wrist with a 000 on it similar to El's as both Dustin and Lucas look at him wide eyed, but Lucas is still skeptical.