Season 4 Chapter 3: Since He's The Monster, Then I Need To Be The Superhero

*RUTH, NEVADA*

We see a woman who is doing dishes as the other dishes start rattling, getting her attention. Then the pots and pans hanging over the counter soon fall shocking the woman as gasps and Helicopter blades can be heard. A light shines through the window as the woman then goes over to a man sleeping on the couch. That man is none other than SAM OWENS!!!

Woman: Sam.

She shakes Sam as he wakes up and sees the helicopter in front of their house as him and his wife are outside shielding their eyes from the light. When the helicopter lands, Colonel Lieutenant Sullivan steps out as they look at each other. We now see Sam looking at photos of Chrissy's dead body.

Sullivan: There were no signs of any attacker. No bruises. No signs of any struggle. It's as if her attacker was a ghost. Does this remind you of anything, Doctor?

Sam: No, it doesn't.

Sullivan: Are you sure?

Sam: Why are you here? Really.

Sullivan: I like your opinion.

Sam: I was fired, in case you forgot.

Sullivan: A foreign government invaded our country, all under your watch. There had to be consequences. Certainly, you understand that.

Sam: What I understand is that something... something is going on in that town that nobody, nobody... fully comprehends. And I also understand that military strength is not the answer.

Sullivan: So what is the answer, Doctor? More scientists? Because it is men of science, men like you who created this problem in the first place.

He hands a photo of El when she was in the lab with Brenner. Sam thinks that he didn't show a photo of you because he probably thinks you're dead since you went into the gate in 1979.

Sullivan: Everything that has happened in Hawkins can be traced back to Brenner's little pet. Wouldn't you agree?

He then hands a photo of a dead corpse from the massacre. We then see a flashback of El killing the guards in the school in 1983. Sam sits down.

Sullivan: Dr. Brenner trained her for this very thing. Remote assassinations.

Sam: What you're suggesting is impossible.

Sullivan: Is it?

Sam: Eleven is dead.

Sullivan: Don't lie. I know she is living with her family in Hawkins. But they aren't here so they left for some reason.

Sam: They moved.

Sullivan: I'm not convinced. We know that her and her family have been receiving help from someone on the inside.

Sam: You think I'm helping her? Is that what you're saying?

Sullivan: If I wanted to chat, Doctor, I would've picked up the damn phone. Now you can make this easy and tell us where she is, or... we can do this the hard way.

Sam: Look, one thing I know is that she didn't do this.

Sullivan: I don't think you do. This death isn't the only one.

Sam: What?

Sullivan: There have been similar cases across the U.S. and no one else has any idea who is the culprit.

Sam: You're lying.

Sullivan: I'm not. tons of people across the U.S. have died in a similar fashion.

Sam: Well, even if it is true, there is no way she did it.