Chapter 2: The Appearance of Someone New (Edited a little)

*3rd Pov*

We see a child's drawing of a kid and two adults next to a house. As The camera slowly pans over to trash that is on the floor to a TV that is playing.

Newscaster: And that's it for the News Center this morning. Thanks for joining us. Let's hand off now to Liz at the news desk

Liz: All right, thank you, Donna. Turning now to local news, we're getting reports of surges and power outages all across the country. Last night, hundreds of homes in East Hawkins were affected, leaving many residents in the dark. The cause of the outage is still unknown. We reached out to Roane County Water and Electric, and a spokesperson says that they are confident power will be restored to all remaining homes within the next several hours.

We now cut to see a man who is asleep on his couch. Somewhere, a dog barks waking him. He looks at his watch and sighs. He walks out of his trailer smoking in his porch. Then heads back inside to take a shower, brushes his teeth, smokes again, takes some pills, drinks some beer, and smokes more. We then see him putting on his police uniform, including his holster, his badge, and his hat. As the camera pans back to the TV.

The man we just met was police Chief Jim Hopper who probably has some of the best teeth in the world if it can handle him smoking three times and drink beer first thing in the morning.

Liz: In other news, you might wanna stay home tonight or at least pack an umbrella. We turn to everybody's favorite morning weather guy, Charles.

*Scene change*

At the Byers home, we see Will's mother Joyce Byers, who at first doesn't show it but is a very superstitious and paranoid woman.

Joyce: Where the hell are they?

Will's brother, Johnathan Byers is making breakfast.

Joyce: Johnathan?

Johnathan: Check the couch!

Joyce: Ugh, I did. (She finds them) Oh, got them.

She enters the kitchen.

Joyce: Okay, sweetie, I will see you tonight.

Johnathan: Yeah, see you later.

Joyce: Where's Will?

Johnathan: Oh, I didn't get him up yet. He's probably still sleeping.

Joyce: Johnathan, you have to make sure he's up!

Johnathan: Mom, I'm making breakfast.

Joyce goes to wake up Will.

Joyce: I told you this a thousand times. Will! Come on, honey. It's time to get up.

Joyce opens the door and finds that Will isn't in his room.

Joyce: He came home last night, right?

Johnathan: He's not in his room?

Joyce: Did he come home or not?

Johnathan: I don't know.

Joyce: You don't know?

Johnathan: No. I got home late. I was working.

Joyce: You were working?

Johnathan: Eric asked me if I could cover. I said yeah. I just thought we could use the extra cash.

Joyce: Johnathan, we've talked about this.

Johnathan: I know...

Joyce: You can't take shifts when I'm working.