♡ CHAPTER 10 ♡ : Dignity and Kiss

Pov Author

"Umaira, look at this! "Neha, the organiser, exclaimed in amazement.

Umaira looked one last time at the necklace model she had visualised in her head, actually holding now in her hands, she was amazed .
But reluctantly, she put it down alongside the rest of the collection and went towards Neha.

Without saying another word, Neha showed her the tablet, and Umaira's eyes thought she was hallucinating.
"It couldn't be...no.." she blurted out in fright.

Radhika luxury had just unveiled her new jewellery collection, but the problem was that it was an exact copy of the jewellery Umaira had created.

Suddenly, the door opened on a tense Aryan. He wanted to break the news, but seeing Umaira's pale face, he realised he didn't need to.

"Umaira, someone stole your jewellery models and gave them to Radhika luxury, and they posted their collection before us to pass them off as his own," Aryan announced heavily.

The whole team mobilised, they had worked so hard to have their creations stolen.

"But Aryan Sir, what are we going to do about the jewellery show, it's in three days, we have to cancel it" Neha worried along with the others.

"We're not going to cancel anything because the company's reputation will suffer, and until we find the culprit, we won't be able to prove that our creations were stolen" he retorted firmly.

However, Umaira shook her head negatively, "Sir, we have nothing to present for the jewellery show" she retorted, heartbroken, her first success hadn't even seen the light of day and everything had been taken away from her.

"We're going to produce a new collection in three days" announced Aryan, gasping for air.

He asked everyone to leave before moving closer to Umaira who was standing, unsettled. "Aryan..." she began in a pleading voice.

"You always told me that unexpected things would happen in our lives, and that we had to be patient and persevere, and that's what we're going to do" he said with determination.

"I agree, but Aryan, I don't have enough talent to create 10 models in a single day" she said pessimistically, avoiding his gaze.

She lowered her head, she couldn't make that many designs, she was sure she'd mess up. She felt Aryan place his hand on her chin.

"I have more than enough confidence in you, Mrs Bubbly, all that's left is for you to have confidence in yourself, you don't need talent, you're the talent yourself" he said, looking her straight in the eyes.

Their gazes locked, and when he finally saw the fear disappear in Umaira's eyes, he stepped back and took out her sketchbook.

"Mrs Bubbly, do what you've always done, shine with your ideas," he said confidently.

Hesitantly, Umaira grabbed her pencil and sketchbook, settled into her seat and began to scribble her first model.

Aryan looked at her from the end of the table. He was certain, seeing his wife concentrating, tightening her hijab from time to time, that they were going to succeed, together.

He trusted her, very much.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

She heard the crowd roar, they had already pre-ordered her jewellery model, behind the stage of the fashion show, Umaira was looking at the last mannequin wearing the jewels she had created.