✩ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ʙᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ, ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ

ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ʙᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ, ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ

i just had an idea for soulmates!patpran, again. istg, my brain just goes crazy with soulmate aus for these idiots.

what if everyone is able to see their soulmate at a certain point in their lives, and that's all they have to go on? that's all that they have to find them.

also, genderfluid!pran anyone??? i've been wanting to write either afab or amab enby pran for a long ass time, but i feel like amab genderfluid pran would fit better for this little scenario. (don't @ me if this isn't up to scratch, i've never written genderfluid before!)

they/them pronouns for pran, because i can't do he/she/they justice, and he/they for pat, because i just have a feeling that he'd start to wonder about himself after learning about pran.

(this is kinda 'dirty laundry' inspired btw 🫣)

     Pran gets their soulmate image at eighteen, just like everyone else, and they freak out. It's of a man's back, shirtless and lean, and it makes Pran drool. They know that it's Pat without having to look twice, because they can't mistake Pat's tiny waist for anyone else's.

     They hadn't exactly believed it to be possible, having Pat as their soulmate, but here the truth is: the image of Pat — and what am image it is — branded onto the back of their eyelids. Pran doesn't have a moment's worth of peace, not with how they see that every damn time they blink.

     Fear is the most prevalent emotion when Pran gets their soulmate image, because Pat doesn't know that Pran... He doesn't know that Pran is different now, and Pran is terrified that Pat will turn away in disgust when he sees how...different they are now.

     Boarding school was a good time for Pran to learn who they were; who they are. It was worrying at first, scared that the new friends they'd made wouldn't accept Pran, but they pushed Pran to embrace themselves.

     Pran loves them for it.

     Pran is comfortable in their skin now, but that doesn't make it any less nerve-wracking to know that Pat is their soulmate; that Pran is going to suffer through having to come out to the person that they have never not loved. Pran's terrified of being rejected.