☼ ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛᴇʟʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ

ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛᴇʟʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ

you're mine and i'm yours. it's written in the stars.

     They've only ever been able to meet under the cover of darkness, for one of them would be shamed and the other would be either hunted or run out of town. The spinsters have it easier, they always think bitterly — Ink and Paa have it easier. 

     It's one thing for the princess to spend time with her female "friend" and not have any suspicions arise around how close they are. It's a whole other thing for the crowned prince to fancy spending time with his "friend" over his duties...

     The amusing thing about the situation, however, is that, for the sake and welfare of their respective kingdoms, Pran and Ink are married. It was the main reason for the mutual struggles between the two couples.

     Pran and Pat were dancing around each other for years before the marriage was finalised, and they only just got comfortable sneaking around a handful of weeks before the marriage. It put a brief stop to their interactions, pushing Pran to the brink and bringing him to his knees before Ink, confessing everything.

     Tears and snot and half-cooked words of begging forgiveness did not come from him alone, but also from Ink.

     Pran learns that Ink has also been sneaking around behind his back, chasing after a young girl that sounds all too familiar. He cannot fault his wife for following her heart, because he is doing the same.

     "You...do not hate me?" Ink cries, staring, disbelieving at Pran's more than understanding expression. "But I have made rotten our union..."

     "You are not the only one who has done such a thing... My heart belongs to another; a peasant, much like yours."

     "Do I know her?"

     Pran cannot help his laugh. "Ink, have you not noticed? My affections for you are...sisterly, at the most. I...do not fancy women."

     Ink blinks, a stray tear staining her rouge cheek. "...I shall fancy them enough for us both then, Pran."

     "And I will stare at the men for us both in return."

     It takes Pran very little time to weedle the name of who has won Ink's affections from the princess, and he is hardly surprised to know that it is Paa — Pat's little sister.

     Ater that, their only troubles come with telling Pat and Paa about everything, what with the siblings being uneasy as they are called before the prince and princess. The lack of guards does not ease theirs anxieties.

     Pat stands partially in front of Paa, eyes terrified but fierce. "Why have you called us here, Pran? Neither my sister nor I have—"

     Pran raises an amused eyebrow. "Why the hell do you instantly jump to defensive, theerak? We all know that you've done nothing, other than steal our hearts."

     "...huh?"

     Ink snickers behind her hand, dark eyes alight with amusement and softness as she beckons Paa over, drawing the younger girl into an embrace. "Pran, stop playing with the poor boy. He looks so confused, bless him."

     Pran smiles softly, curling his fingers in a 'come hither' motion. "Come to me, my Pat. You need not fear anything any longer."

     Pat is jelly-legged as he steps up to the prince. "Pran, what is happening? I don't understand..."

     "Uou're lucky that you're cute..."

     "Ai'Pran!"

     Pran lies his hands upon Pat's tiny waist and tugs him forward so that the peasant is standing between the prince's knees. "What I'm saying, theerak, is that mine and Ink's marriage... It is nothing more than the signing of an alliance."

     Pat looks over at his little sister and Ink, smiling at the red flush of embarrassment upon her cheeks as Ink teases her. "So... We can still...?"

     "For the rest of our lives, if you will have me that long..."

     And then begin the rumours, which they all entertain.