What's to Come

"Haven't you heard? They're shutting down the production of Catnap toys."

"Is it because of the lawsuit?"

"What else could it be for? Anyway, what have you been up to?"

"I've been tasked with drawing up designs for the orphanage. Mr. Pierre asked me to make a base design, something that's appealing to kids."

"What have you got so far?"

"Nothing too extravagant, just a selection of buildings for various purposes. The orphanage itself, a school, and a few other things."

"Alright, seems reasonable. Well, I've got to get back to work, I'll leave ya to it. Try not to overwork yourself..."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You grunted as you could feel some sort of heat radiating onto you, the sun? You pressured yourself to open your eyes, seeing a bright orange glow surrounding the small box you were in. Everything then came flooding back to you as your eyes snapped open. "Oh crap!" You said as you pushed yourself up and tried to make a run for the window of the burning engine, but the pain your ankle was in knocked you back down.

You cursed your wound as you dragged yourself out of the window and hit some debries on the way down, giving you a few more bruises. You tried to ignore the pain as you held the side of the tunnel wall and slowly hopped away from the wreckage. Once you were a good distance away, you turned back to see the engine blocking most of the tunnel. The sweat running down your face stung your eyes as you thought about the others. Observing the wreckage, you noticed several points of entry that were large enough for the others to escape, but there was no trace of where they could have gone.

They wouldn't just leave you in the burning wreck. Something else must have happened. Wracking your brain for answers, you looked around the tunnel, seeing a message saying, 'THE HOUR OF JOY IS AT HAND' on the wall. Soon after reading that message, you spotted a door in the distance that had a small light emanating from it, with a sign for the Playcare above it. Padding your clothes as you went to make sure they wouldn't catch fire, you eventually made it to the door, parting it further as you hobbled through.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Oh yeah! We're back in business, baby! Chapter 3 has FINALLY been given a release date, and so I can finally continue this story without triggering myself. I hope y'all enjoy What's to Come, as I for one can't wait. Much like the chapter, expect the following updates to be a bit darker than what I've done before.

Just saying, you might not expect what comes next...

-Zion