THIRTY FOUR

* a month later *

* a month later *

Keane felt his patience running thin as he waited for that one face that he couldn't find in the crowd as she was running late.

His love's parents were beside him looking eager to meet their daughter after months.

"Keane!"

And suddenly a weight was thrown on him that had him almost loosing his footing, but he held his feet grounded and clasped the small weight around him.

"Hi bunny." His whisper had her hiding her face in his neck and sighing as she finally felt at home.

"Naiara" she frowned when she heard her mother's voice.

She stirred back and looked around Keane to realize her parents standing there. Her eyes widened and she immediately looked at Keane who smiled wide at her.

"It's okay, go meet them" he tapped her bottom and she latched her legs off Keane and tightly hugged her mother, opening one arm up for her dad.

"I missed you guys, so much." She hugged them tight and felt her parents rubbing her back. She felt solace.

"Now now. Enough of sappy shit. Let's go eat! Your mother made some reaaallly good food."
Keith exclaimed making the trio laugh.

••••••••••

"Go freshen up, I'll have Keane put food on the table." Naiara giggled at her mother's teasing.

She skipped to go up the stairs but shrieked when she felt her hand being grabbed and she was pulled into the living room beside the stairs.

Her wide eyes stared up at Keane  who stared at her with something unreadable.

"Are you crazy?!" She whisper yelled.

"Mhmm... "

"What?" Naiara blushed at his dark stare.

"I have a present for you." Her eyes widened when she suddenly realized something.

"What's your answer?"

"Hmm?" His face turned into one of confusion as he expected her to go crazy for his present.

"Keane.... You said you'd give an answer about us after the semester....Remember?"

"Ahh... Right." Naiara narrowed her eyes at him and looked down to their still joined hands and their proximity.

"Is it a no?"

Keane sighed.

"Is it a yes?" Her eyes shyly gazed at him and he smiled at her.

"Open my present and I'll tell you."

But she shook her head.

"Answer me first. I have been dying to know your answer! You know how tough waiting 4 months was?!" She swung their hands together bouncing on her foot falls looking exactly like Keane's endearment.

"Bunny... First, present. Then an answer."

She pouted and released his hand from her hold.

"It's a no, isn't it?"

He held her hand again, gently pulling her chain forward and bent down to her height, his face close to hers.

"I didn't say that." His voice was so calm, so loveable, she felt her heart give a huge punch against her rib cage.

"It's a yes then?" Her doe eyes held faith and Keane smiled.

Keane stood to his full height. "I didn't say that either."

"Keane!"

"Shush. Come with me."

He took her out to their garden and she looked confused.

"Answer meeee" she whined but still followed him as he grabbed her hand, pulling her to sit on the table outside.

"Open it." She sat down to see a small box on the table.

"First answer me." She looked adamant and Keane chuckled.

"I'll promise I'll answer you after you open it."

Poor Naiara thought about it and then nodded, a pout evident on her face.

Keane smiled and looked at her, his hands feeling clammy and his heart thudding. It took too much for him to decide his decision and he doesn't know what the future will hold with this decision, but what he did know was when he thought about this, nothing changed his mind.

He knew he wanted this. He knew he'd fight the world for this. But his heart was still restless. Perhaps it was scared of the little one's reaction.

Naiara's small hands touched the box and she opened the lid and looked inside but saw nothing but a paper.

She looked back up at Keane who smiled at her. She bent down and grabbed the piece of paper, unfolding it and soon reading it.

Everything stopped for her. Her ears could hear her fast, palpitating heart and she voiced out,

"Keane?" Her voice was calm and cool.

"Yes, love."

"What's this?"

"What do you think?"

She finally looked at him and he cooed seeing tears in her eyes.

"I-Is this y-your answer?"

"Sure is." Keane nodded and soon his booming laughter resounded in the whole garden when Naiara threw herself at him squealing and screaming, her legs tightly clutched around his waist.

No words were exchanged as both stayed in that position for minutes. Just sniffles of his bunny muffled in his neck. His calm face and the cold air with the blue sky surrounding them.

"I love you... I love you so much." Naiara cried against his neck and he pecked her cheek.

"I love you, my sweet girl."

She pulled back only to look at his face and then hid her face in his neck again.

"No, I don't believe it."

"Mhmm... Then shall we do something to make you believe it?"

Her eyes widened and she looked at him, his eyes, his nose and stopping on his lips.

Those pillowy lips she had always dreamed of.

"Kiss me."

Both said together and smiled when they heard it.

"With pleasure."

Keane grabbed her face pecking her nose before looking deep into her eyes which fluttered close together with his when she felt his lips make contact with hers.

He softly kissed her and smiled into the kiss when he heard her pleasured sigh. She pressed her lips harder against his, moving her lips to his accord.

Oh, he was so warm.

So light.

So delectable.

She. Loved. It

"I love you." He muttered between the kiss causing Naiara to tighten her legs around his waist, and clutching his hair before diving deep into kissing him. His hands around her waist and his eyes smiling.

He didn't know he'd ever get addicted to something sweet as hers. But he did.

And he sure loved it as much as he loved her.

"Finally." She spoke breathless before kissing him again.

The couple were in their own little bubble of love, not noticing the small paper that was the evidence of their love, flying away in the air with it's words high and clear, reading out....

"Yes, bunny."