THREE

He bit his lip hard when he heard her cries followed by some hiccups

"Hey, hey it's okay, Naira. He's just leaving for work-"

The girl didn't let her father complete the sentence and thrashed around in his hold as if wanting to run and stop Keane from leaving.

"I can't take it anymore, I'm not leaving."

"Keane."

"Don't Keane me. She'll cry like this the whole time. The fuck am I supposed to do then? Feel guilty?!"

Even though the elder wanted to smack the younger's head for cursing in front of his daughter, he couldn't help but feel bad that his best friend felt the need to stay back at home for his daughter.

"You know she gets fussy in the mornings. It's completely fine, the baby sitter will handle her."

"I hope she does, buddy. I hope she does." Keane said, almost threateningly, forgetting that the man in front of him was the father of the girl, who knew about his baby and how to take care of her. But that still didn't put Keane's heart to an ease.

He wore his shoes and suddenly stared at the girl thrashing in her father's hold almost going to vomit from crying so much.

But instead of tying his shoelaces, he almost tore his boots away from his feet wanting to stop her cries and hug her petite body to his.

When he approached his little precious one, the father shook his head.

"She's going to get sick, Keith!" Hearing no other word, he snatched his little precious from him and felt her relax around him.

Keith's eyes didn't even widen when he heard that she was no longer crying.

"Keane, you're going to get late."

"I'm not going."

"Keane-"

"I said. I'm not going." He spoke sternly and placed his back pack down, bringing his and his precious' body to the couch, hugging her to him tightly.

"I'm sorry, bunny. I'm so sorry." He nuzzled his face in her neck while she did the same.

His heart was thumping against his chest when he saw her red face that was emitting cries and hiccups. And he couldn't give a fuck of the world and just wanted to be with his bunny.

He felt his tee soaking down because of her tears but he was happy now that she had calmed down and was only sniffling.

"I'm sorry." He once again apologized and felt Keith's eyes burning into the back of his head.

"So you're not going?"

Keane shook his head and held Naiara's body against his.

Keith didn't say anything and just walked upto his room.

"I think he's mad at me... But nobody cares, because I have you." He talked to her like she was the most delicate flower he had ever seen.

Naiara still was sniffling and Keane was still hugging her when Amara and Keith came out of their room.

"We're going now, I have already told the baby sitter not to bother coming here cause someone just took up her offer." Keith said, rolling his eyes.

Amara smiled to him and kissed his forehead and then her daughter's and soon bid them goodbye leaving for work with her boyfriend.

Keane waited for the front door to completely shut and that's when he saw Naiara's head lifting up from his shoulder and her looking up at him.

He was about to coo and speak to her when she suddenly bit his neck, digging her baby teeth into his neck.

Keane hissed and tried to push the little vampire off who if was a vampire, Keane's sure he'd be dead by now.

He pulled her off his neck and saw her looking at back at him with dull eyes.

She thrashed in his hold and hit his chest repeatedly, trying to get away.

"So you decided for your parents to leave to attack me huh?"

Naiara didn't giggle as she always would, instead she fiddled with her pink onesie and with a last small kick to his chest, she calmed down.

"Wown!" Keane smiled hearing her demand and placed her away from him, on the couch.

"You cry for me and now you're mad at me. Kicking and biting me, are we Naiara?"

She looked away from him and almost lost balance as her body was about to topple over but Keane hurriedly put his hand to stop her face planting onto the floor.

"Wown" He heard her say again and looked at her eyes which were filled to the brim with tears.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Wown! Wown!" Little one demanded to be away from his hold and did everything to get him away from her being a sassy queen and showing the man a silent treatment because he was about to just leave her off for his work. She didn't let him and somewhere in her mind she was laughing evil-ly that she managed to stop him.

Keane removed his hands from around her but was still prepared for if any danger rose.

"Are you mad at me?" Keane asked his question again but this time a little more sad and emotional.

Naiara jerked her body forward.... That was her nod.

"I'm sorry...... I won't leave you, okay? It's only you and I."

Something about hearing the words, "you" and "I", did something to Naiara and she looked up at Keane with shy eyes and gave him his toothy grin.

"That's my bunny!" He cheered and took hold of her, smothering her face in little kisses and pecks while he could have sworn he saw her smirk once or twice.