ch 24 Front-Door Key

Spectra and Luigi removed their winter coats as E.Gadd typed on the computer. E.Gadd turned to the two.

"Luigi, Spectra, the final Dark Moon piece appears to be located here, in the Treacherous Mansion! But I'm reading the highest levels of paranormal activity ever recorded... in the history of forever! No paranormal researcher worth their salt would go near the place" E.Gadd said.

Spectra's eyes widened while Luigi looked nervous. Spectra looked at the readings in shock.

"Evershade Valley's never had such a high reading before" Spectra said in shock.

"Yep, going in there is an absolutely terrible idea... for me! You two, on the other hand..." E.Gadd said.

"What!?" Luigi exclaimed.

"Well, you don't really have a choice! You and Spectra are the only ones who can recover the final Dark Moon piece!" E.Gadd said.

Luigi looked frightened.

"But don't despair, son! Look on the bright side! You... um... you... ah... you have a very bushy mustache!" E.Gadd said.

"Really" Spectra said unimpressed.

"Sorry, I'm no good at pep talks..." E.Gadd said.

Spectra sighed and pulled out a key form her pocket.

"Luckily, I have the Front-Door key for the Treacherous Mansion" Spectra said.

"Good. That'll make getting into the Mansion a whole lot easier, so don't go losing it! I tried to pinpoint the Dark Moon piece, but there's just too much paranormal interference in there. You'll have to look for it the old-fashioned way. Good luck, you two. You're gonna need it..." E.Gadd said muttering the last part.

E.Gadd fired up the pixelator and pixelated Spectra and Luigi. The pixels traveled to their destination. Spectra and Luigi reassembled at the front gate. The two opened the gate and Luigi looked at the scene in awe. There on the cliff stood the giant mansion. Suddenly a strong gust of wind blew Luigi's cap off. He quickly grabbed it, nearly falling into the ravine in the process. Spectra grabbed him and pulled him back to safety.

"Gotta be careful, Luigi. The path to the Mansion is quite treacherous" Spectra said.

Luigi looked down the path and gulped when he saw how narrow and high it was. Spectra went down the path first. She held out her arms for balance as she crossed a narrow section of stone. Luigi followed behind her. They crossed the path and Spectra made it to the veranda. Luigi was just about to get off the path when the section underneath him began to break.

"Luigi!" Spectra exclaimed.

Luigi lept for the veranda and extended his hand. Spectra grabbed his hand and pulled him to safety. Spectra and Luigi panted before sighing in relief.

"That was close. Thanks, Spectra" Luigi said.

"No problem" Spectra said.

The two then walked up to the front door and Spectra pulled out the key. She was about to insert it when Polterpup jumped through the door. Spectra and Luigi were knocked down, the key flying from Spectra's hand. The key landed between Polterpup and the ghost hunters. Polterpup eyed the key.

"Polterpup don't you dare-"

Spectra lunged for the key but Polterpup got it first. Luigi leaped to grab Polterpup but the dog got away.

"No! Bad doggie!" Luigi exclaimed.

Spectra pounded her fist to the ground.

"Every time!" She exclaimed.