ch 19 Showtime

"All right, youngsters. Ready to take a gander at that security camera image?" E.Gadd asked.

"We're ready, professor" Spectra said.

E.Gadd pulled up the image on the monitor. The image showed the clock tower movements. A possessor ghost was seen ordering some ghosts into the clock.

"That area is just behind the clock tower gate!" Spectra said.

"Hmm... Another possessor? I wish I could say I was surprised..." E.Gadd said.

"It looks like they're headed for the top of the tower" Spectra said as the three continued to observe the image.

"Hmm... I wonder how each of those possessor ghosts got a hold of a Dark Moon piece. That can't be a coincidence" E.Gadd said.

"There are Boo's everywhere. They seem to be getting along with the possessor ghosts" Luigi said.

"That's strange. Boos don't usually get along well with other powerful ghosts" E.Gadd said.

"Look! Another Boo is using those spirit balls to create illusions" Spectra said.

"Who gave them that ability? They can't have just started doing that on their own" E.Gadd said.

"Is that a painting?" Luigi asked pointing to two Boos carrying a sack with a painting in it.

"It looks like one, but why are they guarding it so closely?" Spectra asked.

"I don't know, but I can't shake this feeling that it's important" Luigi said.

E.Gadd closed the image.

"Did you see that glow coming from outside the limits of the image?" E.Gadd asked.

Spectra and Luigi nodded.

"That glow give me a very bad feeling! It's almost like there's an evil presence ordering the possessors to guard the Dark Moon pieces. Could it be that all the ghosts in Evershade Valley are being commanded by some evil villain? Who... or what... could that source be? Anyhoo, I could ponder forever, but we need to get to the top of that clock tower ASAP. I trust you've still got that rotor on you, Luigi?" E.Gadd asked.

Luigi nodded and pulled out the rotor.

"Excellent! You'll need to install it near the big clock face" E.Gadd said before pulling out the clock hands.

"And here - don't forget our precious clock hands" E.Gadd said.

"Hang on a second" Spectra said before going into the back.

She came back out with a sack and put the clock hands into it. She then lugged the sack over her shoulder.

"Very resorceful Ms. Spooks. All right, youngsters. It's showtime! Get to the top of the Clock Tower, and find that Dark Moon piece. Stay on your guards - The possessor ghost is likely at the top of the tower. Be careful, and look lively!" E.Gadd said.

Luigi shook nervously and Spectra gulped.

E.Gadd fired up the pixelator and pixelated Spectra and Luigi. The pixels traveled to their destination. Spectra and Luigi reassembled at the Clock Tower Gate.

The two dusted themselves off and approached the gate. Spectra took out the clock hands and inserted them into the clock face. Luigi then took the rotor and inserted it. The rotor spinned as the clock hands turned and reset.

"This is it. Once I set the clock we'll be able to climb the tower. Are you ready?" Spectra asked.

Luigi gulped but nodded. Spectra turned the rotor and set the clock to 7:30. The clock gate rose and the door was revealed. Spectra and Luigi then entered the Clock Movements. Luigi stared at the giant gears in awe. Spectra walked up to a crank that connected to a lift. Spectra struggled to turn it.