ch 23 Chilly Ride

"Spectra, Luigi, you ready to go get that Dark Moon piece?" E.Gadd asked.

"Ready" Spectra said with determination.

Luigi was hesitant to answer.

"I know you're not exactly the... personification of courage, Luigi, but I'll remind you to be careful anyhoo. Remember, where there's a Dark Moon piece, there's likely a possessor ghost guarding it! Speaking of possessors, they only showed up when all this started. So I don't know much about them" E.Gadd said.

"I've heard about them, but I've never really seen them till now. The ghosts used to tell me that they watch over the valley, protect it from harm and dangerous intruders. They're supposedly the strongest ghosts in the valley. It's no wonder our mysterious villain chose them to guard the Dark Moon pieces!" Spectra said.

"Anyhoo, it's high noon, youngsters! Let's show 'em what we're made of. Off you go!" E.Gadd said.

E.Gadd fired up the pixelator and pixelated Spectra and Luigi. The pixels traveled to their destination. Spectra and Luigi reassembled at the workshop landing. Luigi walked up to the window and looked inside.

"See anything?" Spectra asked.

"No. It looks empty" Luigi said.

"I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed" Spectra said.

Spectra walked up to the lock and took off her glove. She pressed her thumb to the scanner and it lit up green. She put her glove back on as the door unlocked. The two slowly opened the door and entered the workshop. Luigi then carefully closed the door, the two cringing at the loud creaking sound. The two turned around and was immediately startled by the possessor ghost.

The ghost flew up before diving into the ice. The ice formed into a giant monsterous face. The face roared before tunneling into the mountain.

"We've got to get down there!" Spectra said.

"But how!?" Luigi asked.

Spectra saw a sled loaded with bombs sliding towards the pit. Spectra grabbed Luigi's hand and ran for the sled.

"Quick! Hop on!" Spectra exclaimed.

The two quickly hopped on the sled right as it was going down the ice pit. Spectra was on the front of the sled while Luigi was on the back with the bomb shooter. As the monster tunneled down the pit a layer of ice formed around it's face.

"We need to break that ice!" Luigi said.

"I'll steer, you shoot! Aim carefully, it'll overheat if we use it too much!" Spectra said.

Luigi loaded the cannon and aimed at the ice. He fired the cannon and the bomb went flying. The bomb made contact and broke away some of the ice. Luigi continued to fire the cannon until all the ice was broken. Once all the ice was gone the ice face roared.

"Wait for it..." Spectra told Luigi.

The ice face opened it's mouth wide and prepared to swallow the two.

"Fire!" Spectra exclaimed.

Luigi fired a bomb directly into the monster's mouth. The bomb exploded sending the possessor flying into an icy cavern. The sled landed with a crash sending the two ghost hunters flying. They yelled as they landed on the ice.

The possessor laughed at them before charging up it's force field. Spectra and Luigi scrambled to get up and dodge the attack. The ghost slammed into the walls before it got dizzy. Spectra and Luigi stunned the ghost and began to suck it up. They only managed to peel off a ghostly layer of skin before the possessor dived back into the ice. The ice reformed into a monsterous face. The face roared before tunneling deeper into the mountain.