ch 11 Pool Party

"All right, youngsters, I've unscrambled the image that our Toad friend brought back. Let's take a look-see" E.Gadd said.

A picture popped up on the screen. It showed ghosts and Boos' running amuck in the rooftop pool. One of the Boo's was handing a strange key to a pink sneaker ghost.

"There! That's the key to the door!" Spectra said pointing to the key.

"I've never seen that kind of ghost before!" E.Gadd said.

"That's a sneaker ghost. As the name implies they can be very sneaky" Spectra said.

The three continued to study the picture.

"Just look at those ghosts! They're out of control! The Boos seem to be encouraging their bad behavior" E.Gadd said.

Luigi spotted two Boos carrying a sack with what appeared to be a painting inside.

"What are those Boos carrying?" Luigi asked.

"It looks like a painting but I can't tell what's on it" Spectra said.

"Suspicious..." E.Gadd said.

"It looks like they're all at the rooftop pool" Spectra said.

"Boos power increases when they gang up, and they feed off each others' evil energy" E.Gadd said before closing the picture.

"Now we know where the key is!" Spectra said.

"The ghosts must be hiding that key from us... because they don't want us to get to the top of the tree. And they don't want us to get to the top of the tree... because that's where the Dark moon piece is! Ho ho! These are some crafty ghosts we're dealing with. But they're no match for the intellect of the living! Now, go get that special key!" E.Gadd said.

E.Gadd fired up the pixelator and pixelated Spectra and Luigi. The pixels traveled to their destination. Spectra and Luigi resembled at the entrance.

The two entered the courtyard where they were faced with two carnivorous plants. The two looked around but couldn't find a spikey seed plant.

"How do we get past them?" Spectra asked.

"I've got an idea!" Luigi said.

Luigi used the strobulb to blind the plant. While the plant was blinded Luigi ran past it.

"Got it" Spectra said.

Spectra blinded the plant and ran past it. The two then entered the tower lobby. They crossed the bridge and climbed the stairs before entering the plant nursery.

Spectra walked to the end of the room where there was a ladder. She grabbed it and climbed up to a hatch in the ceiling. She opened up the hatch and the two entered the rumpus room. Spectra looked around the room with nostalgia.

"Aww, I remember playing all the time in this room" Spectra said.

Spectra and Luigi looked at the dolls and saw how creepy they looked.

"I don't remember the dolls being so... creepy" Spectra said.

Just then they saw one of the Jack in the boxes shaking. The two stared wide-eyed as the crank turned and music played. The jack in the box popped open and a Greenie popped out.
The two yelped in fright and the greenie laughed. More greenies flew out of the Jack in the box. Spectra and Luigi worked together to capture all the ghosts.

Once the ghosts were captured the two entered the family room. As they walked across the room Spectra noticed a portrait onthe ground. She picked it up and looked at it sadly. It was a family portrait of a young Spectra and the three sisters. Luigi looked at Spectra with sympathy. Spectra sighed before placing it back on the wall. The instant she did a Boo popped out causing the two to scream.