ch 7 Confront the source

"Eureka! I've cracked it! I've triangulated the powerful paranormal signal, and it's coming from... the cellar" E.Gadd said.

"... You've got to be kidding me" Spectra said while Luigi moaned in despair.

"Yep. The cellar. Scared? Can't say I blame you. Cellars do have a terrible reputation" E.Gadd said.

"Even I think the cellar is creepy, and I live with ghosts!" Spectra said.

"But I believe in you, youngsters! Once we find out who - or what - is behind this mess, we'll put a stop to it. So button up those overalls real tight, and get ready for action!" E.Gadd said.

"There's only one way to the Cellar, and that's to take the elevator. Luckily I've got the key that opens it" Spectra said pulling out a key from her pocket.

"Ok, then - I'll be tracking your progress from the relative warmth and comfort of this bunker. Ready or not!" E.Gadd said.

E.Gadd fired up the pixelator and pixelated Spectra and Luigi. The pixels traveled to their destination. Spectra and Luigi resembled in the lobby. Spectra turned to Luigi.

"You ready?"

Luigi gulped but nodded.

The two walked up to the elevator and Spectra unlocked it. They entered the elevator and Luigi pressed the down button. The elevator started to go down. The two waited and listened to the elevator music.

Suddenly the elevator sparked and jerked to a stop.

"Uh-oh, that's not good" Spectra said.

Luigi kept pressing the down button but nothing happened. Suddenly the elevator shook. The two screamed as the elevator started falling.

The elevator landed in the cellar and the two tumbled out. Spectra and Luigi groaned out in pain. Spectra was rubbing her head while Luigi was rubbing his shoulder.

"You ok?" Spectra asked.

"I think the manor is trying to kill us" Luigi said.

Spectra got up and headed for the stairs.

"The Manor is not trying to- WAHH!"

The stairs under Spectra turned into a slide and she slid down into some boxes.

"You ok?" Luigi asked.

"Ok you may have a point" Spectra said getting up from the boxes.

Luigi carefully slid down the stairs. The two looked around the web covered cellar. In the hall was a suit of armor holding a flaming torch. They walked to the end of the room to see a giant spider web.

Luigi looked around the cellar.

"Where do you think the Dark Moon piece is?" Luigi asked.

"I don't know, but I have a feeling this web has something to do with it" Spectra said.

Spectra pulled out her blowtorch and tried to light it. Spectra groaned when it wouldn't light.

"It's out of fuel. I have more in the Bunker but we'll have to use something else in the meantime" Spectra said.

"That suit of armor has a torch, maybe we could use that" Luigi said.

"Good idea" Spectra said.

Spectra walked up to the suit of armor. When she got close the armor slammed the torch infront of her. Spectra scrambled back to avoid being hit. The armor went back into position.

Luigi thought to himself before spotting a web ball connected to the large web.

"I've got it! We'll take the web to the fire" Luigi said.