ch 22 Across the Chasm

"Spectra, Luigi, researching those powerful ghosts you just caught will have to wait... Because I've finally located the Dark Moon piece!" E.Gadd said.

"That's great! Where is it?" Spectra asked.

"The signal is coming from an unlikely place outside of the mine: the distant workshop! But the workshop is on the other side of a big chasm, and the nearby pixelator camera isn't responding" E.Gadd said.

"Well, we'll just take the gondola. We can board it at the terminal and ride it across the chasm. Easy" Spectra said.

"Excellent! I'll call you on the dual scream once you get across. Look lively!" E.Gadd said.

E.Gadd fired up the pixelator and pixelated Spectra and Luigi. The pixels traveled to their destination. Spectra and Luigi reassembled in the Chalet. Spectra and Luigi shivered from the cold. There was snow everywhere and the elevator was frozen solid.

"Why is it so cold in here?" Luigi asked shivering.

Spectra looked around and saw the window in her loft was wide open, a strong icy wind blowing through it.

"How'd that get open?" Spectra asked as she climbed the ladder to her loft bedroom.

She approached the window and closed it. She looked down at the frozen elevator.

"That's gonna be a problem" Spectra said.

Spectra noticed that the elevator was directly underneath the torch chandelier. She smiled as she got an idea. She went to a crank in the wall and started to turn it. The chandelier lowered until it was directly over the elevator. The fire from the torches melted the ice.

"Problem solved" Spectra said with a smile.

Spectra climbed down the ladder before she and Luigi entered the elevator. They rode the elevator down to the airway.

"Ok, now we just take the zipline up to the terminal" Spectra said as the two approached the automatic zipline.

Spectra jumped up and grabbed a hold of the hand grip. The zipline carried her all the way to the door. Spectra let go and landed on the lookout balcony. Luigi landed beside her. The two entered the terminal and walked up to the gondola only to see it covered in ice.

"Great" Spectra said sarcastically.

She was about to pull out her hammer when Luigi stopped her.

"Wait, Spectra. Look" Luigi said pointing to something lodged in the ice.

Spectra took a closer look and saw that it was a bot buddy.

"Oh, perfect! Good eye, Luigi" Spectra said.

Spectra pressed the button on the bot buddy, activating it. The countdown began and the two ran to the side. The bot buddy exploded and the ice broke away.

"There we go. Now we can cross the chasm" Spectra said.

"This has been surprisingly easy" Luigi said as Spectra approached the gondola.

She was about to open the door when she was knocked back by a strong gobber ghost. Then a strong greenie and a strong slammer ghost appeared. All three ghosts had a chain around them. The ghosts each put a chain over the door before flying away.

"You just had to say it" Spectra said annoyed.

"Sorry" Luigi said as he helped her up.

Just then the DS rang and Luigi answered it.

"Hello?"

"Crim- -y! Th-se chains... They're paran-rmal chains!" E.Gadd said.

"Which means they won't go away until we defeat the ghosts that made them" Spectra said.