But at last came a Knock II.

"Apologise? For walking out on this piece of shit?" We hear Monica say as we walk through Shelia's front door.

"No. For walking out on them." Shelia says.

"Oh my god." Monica says looking at all of us.

"Its all right. Me and Han aren't yours. Just came to rubberneck." Veronica says.

Then Carl and Debbie sit on the couch next to Monica, Fiona sits on the chair and Lip sits on the chair on the other side. I stand up uncomfortably.

"I missed you so much." Monica says.

"Why didn't you take us with you?" Debbie asks.

"Because, i knew you'd be fine with Fiona." Monica says.

"come here." Lip says.

I walk over slowly and sit on Lip's lap as i play with his hair.

A few minutes later, we go outside to have a cigarette. We sit on the front steps and we see Ian running up to us.

"There was a shooting. Mickey and Kash." Ian says.

"Holy shit. Mickey shot Kash?" Lip asks.

"Kash shot Mickey." Ian says.

"What?" Lip asks.

"In the leg. He's fine. Just wanted to get out of there before the cops got there." Ian says.

"good decision." I say.

"What'd I miss with Mom?" Ian asks.

"You know how dads a total fucking asshole?" Lip says.

"Yeah." Ian says with a chuckle.

"Turns out he's the good one." Lip says.

Then we get up and go back inside to Monica and Frank arguing.

"I can't believe you sucked me back in here for money." Monica shouts.

"I did no such thing! But since your in town, why don't you just sign up for this little thing and i'll cut you in." Frank says.

"Ugh, Fuck you Frank!" Monica shouts.

"Wait. You brought her back here?" Lip asks.

"Oh, Ian." Monica says, noticing Ian.

"Wait. You knew where she was the whole time?" Lip asks.

"This little reunion was bound to happen sooner or later, anyway. We were thinking about coming around to talk to you about something." Monica's new girlfriend Bob says.

"No, No. Not now." Monica says.

"Yes, now! Yes, now!" Bob says.

"Moni and I wanna take Liam to live with us." Bob says.

"What?" Fiona shouts.

"Over my dead body!" Frank shouts.

"How about Moni signs whatever the hell it is you need, we get Liam?" Bob says.

"Done." Frank says, sitting down.

"No fucking way! You can't have Liam!" I shout.

"why the hell not? He's not even Frank's." Monica says.

"Fact is, Liam is black. All you white Folks scooping up black babies like fashion accessories have a rude awakening coming. No there will be a backlash if people don't stop underestimating the cultural importance of a black parent raising a black baby. Liam needs me. He's coming with us!" Bob says.

"No. Out of the fucking question, Roberta." Kip says.

"Lip." I say softly, pulling his arm back.

"Roberta and I wanna start a family of our own." Monica says.

"How about you finish this one first?" Fiona says.

"You're taking Liam?" Debbie says, sobbing.

"Yes!" Bob shouts.

"No! Nobody's taking anyone anywhere." Lip shouts, then we interlock fingers. 

"You don't get to abandon your kids and then show up one day to take your pick of the litter." Fiona says.

"Oh, now. That's not fair, your mother has made mistakes but she's here now. That's got to count for something." Frank says, standing up.

"Shut up, Frank! This isn't about you." Fiona shouts, Frank sits back down.

"This is about you. This is about what you didn't do! It's about what i did. And you know what? I did a fucking great job. Debbie is class president, she's on the debate team, going to nationals. Lip, he's top of his class. He set the curve. Ian was promoted in ROTC and he tested out of english. Hannah, not even one of yours but has helped out more than you ever can. She's smart, she keeps the kids in check. And Carl, made something blow up for his science fair. And you know what? They did it all, no thanks to you because you weren't here." Fiona shouts.

"And i appreciate that Fiona, but i'm here now and Liam belongs with me." Monica says, sobbing.

"He doesn't even know who you are." Fiona says.

"I'm his mother!" Monica shouts.

"You were my mother too!" Fiona shouts.

Then they both start sobbing. I keep my hand held to Lip's as i kiss Ian's cheek. I mouth 'I love you' to Ian. I watch the tear drop from his eye.

"Maybe i'll never be able to make things right witj but there's still time with Liam." Monica says.

"and Debbie and Carl.. I'm so sorry if I hurt you. Please, i love you so much. Please let me be your Mommy again." Monic says as she sits on the table in front of Carl and Debbie.

Then Carl and Debbie hug Monic and it breaks my heart.

"You know what? Your right. You are their mother. And you're here now, so i'm done. I'm done with the school and the bills and the clinics. I'm done. They're all yours, Mom. Good luck." Fiona says putting the house keys on the table.

"Fiona." I manage to say whilst choking back tears.

"It's okay." Monica says to Carl and Debbie but they throw themselves back on the couch.

I look up to Lip to see he's refusing to let his tears fall. I pull him into a hug before looking up at him.

"it's okay." I whisper in his ear.

I then pull away and kiss his cheek before walking over and kissing Ian's cheek again and hugging him.