Cole's backstory part 3

Start from the beginning

Cole nodded still feeling uneasy.

He turned to leave the room when he suddenly noticed something in the corner. He froze in shock and gulped in fear.

-What's wrong, son?

-Why was that girl crying again? he turned around looking his father dead in the eyes.

-Told you. Bad grades.

-But her hair was messy and her clothes were wrinkled.

-Maybe she fooled around with some boy in the bathroom. Who am I to tell?

-But she had her tights ripped.

-So? They rip pretty easily.

-A part of them is still here, Cole said frightened.

-What are you saying, kid?

-You told her you'll get her better grades... if she won't tell a soul that you raped her.

-Ah, why do you have to be the smart one, huh? Why can't you be as oblivious as your brother? the professor cornered Cole and dragged him closer.

Cole was in the bathroom, on his knees, throwing up every shadows of what his breakfast was that day.

He felt so disgusting that he could throw up his lungs.

He gagged and gagged until there was nothing more to go out.

His eyes were red and his wrists were burning. He had a purple mark on his cheek and blood dripping down his neck from behind his ear.

His sobs went silent when he hears Chul's voice outside the stall. Him and his friends were talking about pulling a prank on a teacher and trashing his house.

-Hyung? Cole marched out of the stall with his pathetic-looking eyed and tear-stained face.

-I'll catch up to you, guys! Chul told his friends.

-Hyung, I... I heard you talking. You can't do that. They'll catch you. You can't run.

-Worry about yourself, dumbass. Why do you look like this?

-Hyung, promise me you won't go there, his voice cracked. Mom doesn't need this right now. Please don't get in trouble! he begged.

-Grow up, Cole. You're graduating in a year. It's high time you stop idolizing mom.

-But... But she saved us.

-She adopted us. Just to feel better about herself. But since then where has she been, huh? She was more present in our lives when we were at the center.

-She's working hard for us, Cole explained. She loves us.

-So what? That means I have to be with her 24/7? You really need some friends, man. And clean your face.

Cole's heart broke into pieces. His sweet brother was gone, his father hurt him and all he had left was his mom.

...

-Mom?

-Cole, you're early! she turned around surprised. I wanted it to be a surprise but I got off work to prepare you boys a cake. I'm still making the frosting from scratch. Wanna help?

-Mom...

He wanted to tell her everything.

To cry in her arms and tell her to dump her husband and run away before she would become his victim.

She wanted to tell her about Chul and ask for some help.

But he spotted her butterfly needle in her arm and all came crushing down on him.

He couldn't do it. She was sick and the last thing he wanted was to make his mom worry. She needed to be happy for the time being. And only Cole could do that.

-Sure, mom! I would love to! he forced a smile and entered the kitchen.

As Cole predicted, Chul was caught and held in the police station for a few days until he revealed the names of the ones that helped him.

Ana was the one to pick him up when she relapsed and had an accident on her way there. She crashed into a tree and died on the spot.

-Such a wonderful woman. Too bad she met her fate like this, a voice said from behind Cole and an umbrella covered his already drenched black suit.

He stayed behind to stare at the grave of his mother.

"In the loving memory of Ahn Aecha aka Ana"

He had no more tears to shed, no more sobs to let out. Just a broken soul in a sea of sadness.

-I can help you revenge her, dear boy, the woman from behind took a few steps forward.

-H-how?

-Kill your father and brother.

-No.

-No?

-It was an accident. She... She died doing her best to make us happy. I won't kill her beloved son. And I won't kill her husband.

-Well, that's-

-But. he caught her off. But I want my father in jail. I want him to rot there. If he dies his victims would say this was the hand of God. I am no God. I want their victims to see him loosing his mind between 4 walls like I did. Like they did. And my brother... He's dead to me anyway.

-I can arrange that, she smiled and put her hand on the boy's shoulder. You're so beautiful when you cry. You're so pure. You're no God, but you're an angel. A fallen one. They wronged you. They took advantage of your good nature. You weren't jealous on them, you were trying to warn them. You're a good angel, Lucifer. And I'll make sure you become the best one. My favourite angel, she caressed his back as the boy stared blankly at the rain.

He had nothing left to do. Nothing to lose. He tried to he good and look where it brought him! He was a fallen angel. His wings had been ripped. He couldn't fly anymore. Just dig deeper into the abyss.