~ Chapter 20 ~

~ Nicos pov ~

I fell asleep holding her in my arms. I was pretty exhausted I hadn't got much sleep last night. I was so upset and mad and just fudge I didn't know. I understood a lot now. More than I wanted to, but knew I had to hear at some point. I was mad at camp, Chiron myself and mostly my dad. My stupid fudging dad put Danny through hell and I didn't even know about it. Those 5 words gave me enough to know who my Dad really was. Those 5 words made a lot of weird things pop into place though it was pretty surprising. Everything that slightly confused me now made sense. She stirred and I looked over at the clock.
"It's 3 AM you should go back to sleep." I whispered. I stroked her hair as she woke up slowly. "Nico, I'm sorry about last night, I know it isn't what you planned on. And I'm sorry but I have to go." I was confused. "You shouldn't be sorry for anything don't be sorry." I grabbed her chin and moved so she could look directly into my eyes. Her dark brown eyes were tear stained and had bits of makeup on her eyelids. "Please tell me where your going." I said. I wanted to know. "Nico...... " She began. "I have to g go rr right t n nno ww. I love you." She pushed herself off my lap and gave me a hug. She then went in for a quick kiss and I was surprised. She was never very forward when it came to things like this.
"Your leaving now aren't you?" I asked. Stupid Chiron and stupid quest I hated this. "Yes." She said. I felt helpless and depressed. "Where will you be?" I asked. "I dont know..." She responded
"You know I love you. I want to stay but I have to go right now. He will be mad if I'm any later. Please be good and promise me..... You will try your hardest to live the best life, normally and healthily. I can't have any contact with anyone. I'm so sorry!" She was crying now
I wanted to cry, but not yet. "Be safe baby. I'll be waiting." I got up, kissed her with all I had, and gave a big hug. She grabbed her bag and walked out of the cabin. She hadn't shut the door, and I stared out the door like a lunatic watching her walk away. When she had gotten far off, she turned around, blew me a kiss and waved. Then she turned and kept walking away. I died that moment. I closed the door, climbed into my bed and cried. I cried into the pillow.
I was dead.
Life couldn't go on.
Life had stopped.
But I wanted to keep the promise I had made to her.
I had to make her proud.

I fell asleep fast, and had no dreams luckily.
There would be plenty to come though.