"Well, then, you're welcome, Daniel. How about a celebratory breakfast?"

"Oh, you know, I can't. I'm super busy. I gotta limber up for all this bootlicking I'm gonna be doing, but thank you."

"Okay, bye." Lily smiles as she hangs up the phone with Daniel. "Well, at least two of our kids appreciate me." She says to Rufus.

"Lily."

"I get Ben out on parole. But Serena and Eric continue to treat me like I'm toxic." She is in disbelief that her children aren't happier with her and the sacrifices she's made for them.

"Lily, I know you did what you could, but Ben's still gonna have a criminal record." Rufus reminds her that her one good deed didn't erase the horrible mess she caused. "Give them time."

"Everything I do or have ever done is for my children. And someday, they'll realize that. Right?" She asks Rufus, who hasn't responded.

"Hmm. So how is this all going to work with Ella?" Rufus asks.

"What do you mean?" Lily questions.

"Ben is Colin's cousin, and you told me that Colin asked Chuck and you for your blessings to marry Ella.

"I don't see how that has anything to do with this."

"Ben and Colin are family, Lil, and when he does ask Ella to marry him, will this mess you caused with Ben damage their relationship."

"I have done nothing to harm Ella and Colin. I have been supportive of them from the very beginning, and I will not take your accusations that..."

"Lil, listen to how worked up you're getting." Lily knows Rufus is right. "Has Colin said anything to you?"

"From what I know, he doesn't know about my involvement other than being Serena's mother."

"You don't know Ella has come clean to him? Especially with Ben being out on parole?" Lily purses her lips at Rufus.

"Eloise, out of all my children, knows the true meaning of loyalty. She would never do anything that would harm this family. I'm sure of it."

__________________________________
Dan waves to Blair, and they grab a coffee and get into a deep discussion about filmography.

"You gotta be kidding. Scorpio Rising was a great film."

"That dreck puts the ick in esoteric." Blair exclaims in disagreement with Dan's taste in movies.

"Alright, fine. We can go see The Merchant Ivory retrospective. You can ensure that your delicate sensibilities aren't disturbed, and I can up on my sleep." Dan offers a solution.

"Going to movies is a one or... four-time thing." Blair corrects him. "It's not like we're friends."

"I never suggested we were, but I am going to see the Joseph Beuys exhibit in Chelsea."

"Oh, you are such a boy. How could you go to that when the degas is about to close at the Morgan?" Blair states in disbelief.

"You are such a girl. I'm gonna take a pass on the ballerinas. Frilly dresses and tutus are not my idea of art." Dan argues.

"Fashion is the most powerful art there is." Blair fires back. "It's movement, design, and architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we'd like to be, just like your scarf suggests that you'd like to sell used cars." She insults him.

" She insults him