Ballet Nights

I really loved writing this chapter. I hope you all enjoy it.

Ella's POV

"Ballerina. Ballerina. Ballerina." Palmer keeps singing as I do the finishing touches on her hair. "Mama, will I get to meet some ballerinas?"

"They won't be in their tutus." I tell her, and she turns around and looks at me sadly.

"Then how will I know they are ballerinas?" Palmer is worried now she won't be able to tell they're the dancers. "How wil..."

"Baby girl." I turn her around so she can look at me. "You will know because they will introduce themselves as one of the dancers." I assure her.

"Even if they're not in their tutu?"

"Well, do you dance only when your tutu is on?" I ask her.

"No, I dance all the time because I love it!" She raises her hands up.

"Well, it's the same for the dancers." I tell her.

"I want to dance all night long." Palmer mutters.

"Remember, we're there to watch the dancers perform."

"I know, mama." I finish her last curl.

"Are you ready to eat?"

"YES! Food." Palmer hops off her chair and runs to the kitchen. She grabs silverware and napkins and begins to see the table. "Lemonade?" Palmer asks.

"Do you want raspberries in them?"

"Yes. Three, please." Palmer answers as she sets her napkin and forks neatly on the table. I fill lemonade in her favorite glass with three raspberries and grab her dinner of grilled salmon, mac and cheese, and green beans. I place her food in front of her. "Thank you, mama." I kiss Palmer on her cheek as she begins to eat her food. I grab my plate, and I sit with her and eat, too.

"You know you can be honest with me, right?" I ask her.

"Honesty is the best." Palmer answers with a smile. "I love honesty." I smile, knowing that is true.

"Do you like Colin being around our family?"

"Colin's nice. I like Colin."

"You know you can tell me if there's ever a point when you don't like him. It will not hurt my feelings."

"Why wouldn't I not like Colin? He's nice. Funny, and he tells the best jokes."

"I hope you never not like Colin, but I want you to know that nothing matters more to me than your happiness." I assure my daughter. "I love you so much that I want the best for you. I can always find someone to spend time with, but I can never replace you."

"Because you love me?"

"I love you so much." Palmer stops eating and smiles at me.

"I love you too, mama. Does Colin make you happy?"

"Very. He makes me very happy." I answer.

"You know you can tell me when you're not happy, right?" I almost broke hearing Palmer say this. I nod my head. "Don't cry, mama. Don't be sad."

"These are happy tears." I assure her.

__________________________________
"Which one do you like more?" I show Palmer my options to wear for the ballet.

"Not that one." She shakes her head toward the red velvet with a hood. "It's ballerina enough." I chuckle at her comment.

" I chuckle at her comment