Big Talks and Yale

Thank you for the support on all of my stories. I hope you enjoy this new update.

"The shower was nice

"The shower was nice." Carter says as he passes me the plate of assorted fruit.

"It was nice to see our parents getting along so well." I add.

"Lily always is a pleasure to be around."

"Better than Bart." I comment.

"Want to talk about it?" Carter asks me.

"No, it's..."

"Hey." He grabs my hand and holds it. "We may not be together, but you can still talk to me."

"Not about this."

"Does it have something to do with Archibald?"

"You..."

"I saw the tense altercation you two had."

"I can't talk to you about something I'm not really sure I understand." I ramble.

"I'm a good listener. As you recall."

"You don't like Nate."

"I don't have to like him to listen to issues you're having. No judgment for at least five minutes." I raise my brow at him. "Okay, no judgment at all."

"I think Bart got to him."

"Ah."

"He has this way to make people...he got into Chuck's head which is why he didn't go to Europe with Blair. Bart made Chuck think he  was weak and..."

"Well, your brother is." I kick his shin. "Ow!"

"Don't be a dick."

"It's one of my favorite pass times." He argues with me.

"At the party, Bart was lying to everyone, saying Nate is the father." I can see Carter getting tense.

"And did you correct him?"

"Of course I did. But his explanation was he was looking out for my reputation. He felt it was better people knew I was with the father of my child and not another man."

"Especially since that other man is Archibald who's family is questionable."

"The only questionable one is his father." I argue.

"Maybe the son doesn't fall far from the tree."

"You said no judgment." I remind him.

"Just stating a fact, nothing more."

"Nate is a good guy."

"If he were such a good guy, you wouldn't be having issues with him now, would you?"

"Relationships are not perfect. They have their ups and downs."

"Do you trust him?"

"What?"