Polo Match and Business Deals

I really hated Serena this season with her daddy issues that she dragged everyone into.

3rd Person POV

"Welcome back, Upper East Siders. After a long hot summer away, I see it didn't take much time for you to dirty up the clean slates I gave you. My inbox is overflowing. So let's get to the good stuff, shall we? Spotted Chuck Bass up to his old tricks. Poor B, I think nothing good lasts forever. As for Serena van der Woodsen, you left America a star. But after your exploits in Europe, you've come back a supernova. And yet, nothing explodes without a fuse. I wonder what or who lit yours. And I save the best for last. Our Princess E has now been anointed Queen of High Fashion, that is. How does it feel knowing you're above us all, E? Does it feel good to be on top? How long it will last all depends on everyone's fascination with you, and as far as I am concerned, that is not dwindling anytime soon. We are all not worthy Queen E, but don't let the power go to your head. The higher you climb, the farther you fall."

__________________________________
Jenny is enjoying the last moments in the Hamptons before they have to go back to the city and re-enter their somewhat everyday lives since joining with the van der Woodsen/ Bass family. "Well, I found it, and just in time. The car's here." Eric informs Jenny. "Now it's time to go..." Eric stops noticing Jenny's attire. "Get you dressed?"

"No, I'm not leaving."

"I don't think we have a choice."

"As soon as we get in that car, it means no more beaches and no more bonfires and no more stalking the Barefoot Contessa through 1770 House." Jenny reminds Eric. "Our summer in the Hamptons is officially over."

"So uh, a sit-in?" Eric takes a seat on the beach chair.

"More like a lie-in. At least until the sun goes down." Jenny answers.

"Are you sure your dad doesn't know?" Eric asks her.

"Oh, totally. I mean, we hid the evidence. Look, Dan doesn't even know. He was too busy pre-reading all his books for college that he couldn't even take a break to watch Ella open all the big shows in Europe. Which, by the way, was amazing. I met Donatella Versace." Jenny exclaims.

"Yeah, Ella is living it big. Has she talked to you about it?" Eric asks.

"Ella has been so busy with work and basically having a family with Nate and Palmer that I haven't even mentioned the issue."

"How does Dan not even know?"

"I snuck onto his laptop; then I might have disabled his Serena van der Woodsen Google Alert." Jenny explains.

"Yeah, but what happens when we get back into the city?" Eric asks.

"Then it's Serena's problem. As for now, we made a promise. And it's very important to keep those. Even if they were asked via drunken text from a Turkish pay-as-you-go phone." Jenny jokes. Eric hears Rufus and Dan approaching and quickly hides the magazines.

"Hey, you aren't ready?" Rufus asks. "Serena's gonna be home by 6:00."

"I mean, how can she even greet us when she gets here? Isn't she taking a vow of silence for a month at the Ashram?" Eric asks.

"Yeah, I don't know, that Eat, Pray, Love thing of hers is great and all but...I just highly doubt she can keep her mouth shut a whole month." Dan states.

"Even so, it's time to leave. And I think her month is up." Rufus states.

"Uh, yeah, I need to meet up with Vanessa too. Cause she has something to tell me about how she spent her summer."