Chapter 14. Gone Girl

Start from the beginning

Jessica gives him a look "And you're just mentioning this now?"

Caroline says "Hey guys! Focus. Tyler's right. Katherine's not going to leave Nadia's side, unless not leaving compromises her identity."

Matt says "Which means...?"

I sigh "We've got to invite her to something that Elena can't say no to."

Caroline nods "A surprise party"

Bonnie on the phone "A surprise party? Seriously? I wanted a spa day. You try feeling the death of every supernatural creature who passes through you on their way to the Other Side."

Jeremy on the phone "I'm not saying you don't deserve it. Besides her birthday isn't until next week."

Caroline says "That's what makes it a surprise!"

《♡♡♡♡♡》

In Damon's room, I sit on the bed watching Caroline pace around the room talking to Katherine on the phone to put the gang's scheme in motion. Katherine says "Yeah, I don't think Bonnie would want a big party for her birthday."

Caroline says "Of course she does! So when can you get over to Stefan's to help us set up?"

Katherine sighs "I can't."

"You can't?"

"I would love to, but I just... I can't?" draws a blank for a plausible lie "Um...I'm making arrangements for Aaron Whitmore's funeral. The only reason Damon killed him was because my sister broke up, so I kinda feel like I owe it to Aaron. You understand right?"

Caroline is clearly upset, but fake smiles "Of course! No, that's really nice of you!" Caroline hangs up.

I sigh "Something wrong with Katherine, I feel it... she would take any chance to be here to be close to Stefan"

Stefan walks in "Won't you talk to Damon"

"No, I am not ready yet but don't tell him I am here"

"He knows, Eliana, he feels you" 

《♡♡♡♡♡》

In Salvatore cellar, I sit at the main door and listen to Stefan and Damon talking. I walk to the cellar door "I am not ready to talk now" I bite my wrist and dribble my blood in a glass.

Damon asks "What are you doing?"

Stefan offers the cup to Damon "Here you go. Drink."

Damon chugs the glass in one gulp and licks his lips "I need more."

"Too bad."

I look at Stefan "That was cup"

Damon snaps "That was nothing!"

Stefan says "That was exactly four ounces. When you were out killing vampires, you said one vampire kept you good for eight hours. So, our friend Caroline did a little bit of math."

"Caroline?"

"Relax, she had a calculator. So: four ounces, three times a day should be just enough to help you manage the hunger."

"Manage me?"

I nod "So you don't rip anyone's head off. We'll deal with your crisis once we get Elena back."

Damon gives me a look "So miss not ready for talking, I'll deal with my own crisis. Listen, you just let me out of here, I'll find Wes, I'll get the antidote."

"And then what? Huh? You skip town, leave it to me to tell Elena everything you did after you thought she broke up with you? No." Stefan takes out his phone and starts to dial a number.