Chapter 14. Gone Girl

At the Salvatore boarding house, Damon is still chained up in the cellar "She is brilliant."

Stefan says "We haven't noticed that Katherine's been inhabiting Elena's body for weeks, and that's all you have to say?"

"Yep."

"Elijah and Calista called in the morning, Eliana was passed with an evil Greek spirit"

"What?"

"And you realize that it was the spirit who broke up with you. It wasn't, uh, Eliana."

Damon thinking "Mhmm."

"Right. So, your little murder spree with Enzo, where you, uh, killed Aaron, you nearly killed Jeremy, AND you tried to kill Wes, but you got infected with that ripper virus. That was all you reacting. To Katherine and the spirit."

"I'm trying figure out why you decided to tell a starving, bloodthirsty, vampire-feeding Ripper that his nemesis is still walking around, alive and well, while I'm stuck in this cell and can't do anything about it."

"I have it under control.

"I would love to hear this."

《♡♡♡♡♡》

Upstairs, Matt, Caroline, Calista, Tyler, Jessica, Chris and I sit together... Matt says "Hang on here.. Katherine's still alive?"

I ask "How is that possible?"

Caroline says "Remember that time Nadia's ex, Gregor, hitched a ride in your head? Yeah, well, it's kind of the same thing. Katherine is a passenger in Elena, except it's worse, because none of us seemed to notice!"

Tyler says "She was at my house... How did none of us figure it out?"

"Because it's Katherine and she's smart, and conniving, and sneaky... and we're the worst friends ever."

Jeremy on the phone "This makes no sense. She saved my life. She gave me CPR when Enzo tried to kill me. Katherine would never do that."

Bonnie on the phone "That's what made her so believable. She played Elena to a tee. If she let you die, her cover was blown."

Caroline says "I was sleeping three feet away from her! She picked out my Bitter Ball dress. And I let her use my toothpaste!"

Calista shakes her head and whispers to me "That what matters?"

I whisper to her "That's typical Caroline"

Stefan walks in "Well, did she lure you into a hotel room to make out with you?"

I take a deep breath "Okay but how do we kill the bitch?"

"Well, passengers can be expelled from the host. We saw it happen with Matt. Gregor died, and Matt lived."

Calista nods "All we have to do is stab her with the Traveller knife."

Matt says "I still have the knife Nadia gave me."

Stefan says "Perfect! Go get it."

Caroline says "Wait, you guys! This is Katherine we're talking about. She's going to see a sneak attack from a mile away."

I nod "Caroline right, We've got to get her to come to us. Get her guard down, corner her."

Tyler says "Fat chance you'll be seeing her today. I'm pretty sure I bit Nadia."

"What did you do?"

Chris asks "What do you mean, you bit her?"

Tyler says "I mean, she was attacking Caroline, and I might've nipped her a little."