Chapter four: Back in time.

November 16th, 2019
2:53am
Suddenly a figure jumped out in front of me, I went to scream but it beat me to it.
"Shh..." Levi gestured with his hand and put his other hand over my mouth to shut me up.
What the hell was he doing there? Why was he shutting my mouth?
"We're not alone." He whispered as quietly as he could.
What does he mean?
When I heard footsteps in the next hallway.

I was breathless. All the hairs on my body had stood up and wouldn't calm down. I was so scared.
Who could be in the library at this hour.
My cell phone started ringing like crazy. Now whoever was in the library with us definitely knew we were there too.

{-}

              October 17th, 2019
                                 11:42am

A few weeks had passed and it seemed like detention had brought us closer together.
We had now made our groups one, Leo, Marcus, Mia, Stephanie, Levi, Sebastian, Theo, Peter, Ethan. Then there was me.
"Let's take a memorial selfie!" Sebastian said and pulled out his cell phone. For some reason I felt very safe with everyone as if I had known them forever, as if I had been going to this school forever.
"Gather round, you guys!" Mia shouted and pulled me close to her.
We were ten simple, stupid teenagers whose lives were soon to change and very soon we would go from ten to eight.

"Go on, press it!" Ethan commanded.
It was all so beautiful, something magical. We were all so close together in one only a month.
As we were looking at the weird pictures we had taken all this time Stephanie said.
"Ew, why do I look like this in this photo?" Making a face of disgust.
"Yeah you look like the cow you are." Peter commented laughing.
"What you order vs what you get..." Theo continued the joke, Stephanie slapped them in the head and we all started laughing.
Ten simple teenagers laughing.

{-}

While we were sitting in my room pretending and doing our homework Mia started the conversation.
"How come you really left Seattle? I mean...what better can a simple small town like Salmon Arm in Canada have than a big rich city like Seattle?" She asked me excitedly.
"It's full of crime, you can't walk alone after 10pm. If not everyone, most of them are spoiled rich kids without a shred of humanity...and to them if you're not rich then you're nothing." I replied with a frustrated look and got out of bed.

"Well it's not like we're saints and all." She said and laughed wryly.
Compared to over there, maybe it is.
"Have you always lived there?" She asked me again in wonder this time.
"Actually when I was little we lived in a small state in Tennessee, we didn't have any money back then. Once I turned 10 we started moving regularly. At first a few towns away until we came here." I replied, relieved.
I liked it there, something was pulling me.
"I'm curious to know everything now. What was the last school you went to like?" She sat on the bed so she could hear me better.
How could I explain to her all the things I had done, but something inside me was telling me to tell the truth... Anyway I had changed.
I took a deep breath and started to tell her what it was really like.

"The last school I went to was really full of rich kids. The ones who didn't have money became what they called their 'pets'. You saw very harsh images every day." I put all my books back in their place.
"Such as?" She asked me somewhat anxiously.
"Like sitting in the dining room with their feet resting on the backs of other kids who were pretending to be stools."
"Are you kidding me? Why would they do that?" She said with an expression of disgust.
"Because there, anyone with money meant that they either were or worked in a high position for a big businessman. The kids who became pets were the ones whose parents were in low places, so the rich kids were threatening the poor kids."
"Meaning?"
"Meaning they were threatened that if they didn't do what they were told then they would fire their parents."

I knew that the more we analyzed it, the closer we got to me.
"You? What were you at this school?" She said as if she expected me to tell her I was one of the spoiled ones.
I wasn't one of the certain ones though I was.
"The truth is.. I wasn't so innocent myself, isn't that what you wanted to hear? Nothing like them but I wasn't innocent." I told her honestly.

"What does that mean?" She pulled herself together.
"It was me and two other girls. I had seen what was happening and I had told myself there was no way I was going to let this happen to me. Become some asshole's dog with zero self-respect. So I became one of them. I bullied people who I considered inferior to me simply because I didn't want them to bully me. Until..." I didn't know if I wanted to go on.
"Until what? Go on..." She said in agony.
I'd never said that to anyone before.
"We had gym and we had already started class... I had forgotten my towel and my bottle in my locker. To get there I had to pass the men's locker room first. As I passed by outside I heard many male voices of pleasure and female cries of pain. So much pain." Before I knew it my eyes were beginning to fill with tears.
"Celyn? What was going on in the locker room?"
That sentence sounded like a gunshot to my ears.
"I approached and what I heard was.

    ⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: RAPE!!!!⚠️

May 3d, 2019
                                  10:32

"No one will hear you, you understand? Don't you even dare try."  One of them said and laughed.
"Please let me go.." He said desperately.
"Shut up whore."
"No please!" Her voice was getting louder.
"Shut the fuck up!" They said and banging sounded.
"Get away from me!!!" She said with a mixture of terror and pain.
Why don't you go inside? What are you waiting for?
What if they rape you too?
"No don't!"
I ran off towards my locker trying to prevent the worst.
"Get her before she gets away!"
"Get off me!"
"Not so easy sweetie and if you try to do anything like that again or say anything to anyone we will take care of the worst for your family."
The girl now naked and humiliated lay glued to the floor.
"Which one will start first?"
"No..." She whispered.
Then I kicked the door open with all the strength I had and stepped inside.
"Don't you dare touch her!" I shouted.
The girl was soaked. She was naked and wet and stuck face down on the floor. The room was full of water vapor.
"What are you doing here?" He stood up leaving the girl who was lying motionless on the floor.
"Probably came to get a taste." He said with a sick smile on his face.
When he started to approach me I pulled out my gun and aimed it at them.
"I said don't you dare hurt her."
Both of them moved away significantly from both of us with their hands in the air. I picked up the girl who was crying silently and put her behind me as I continued to aim at them. One of them was crying.
"Please don't kill us we won't do it again!"
I felt nothing as he begged me.
"How many?!" I asked shouting.
"None! This is the first time!"
I armed the gun.

"How many." I said calmly and one of them dropped to his knees in response.
"Three."
"Are they telling the truth?" I asked the girl and she nodded yes.
"Do you want me to pull the trigger?"
"No please, we won't do it again we've learned our lesson!"
"Shut up!"
I turned to look at her.
"No." She said."

END OF TRIGGER WARNING

My eyes were flooded with tears.
"What happened to the girl?" Mia asked me with misty eyes.
My tears flowed without stopping as soon as I heard the question.
"Please tell me."
"She killed herself in August by shooting herself with the gun I gave her."