Battle 43: Round One Begin!

Start from the beginning

Niko: The rock field.

Receptionist: The water field and rock field it is. Now, the system will select your opponents. Soon, Ash comes up, as does his opponent.

Ash: I guess that's the guy I'm gonna beat.

Receptionist: His name's Mandi. You're the third match. Now let's see Niko's opponent. Niko comes up next, along with his opponent.

Niko: So that's my opponent.

Receptionist: This is Katrina. Now, Niko, your match starts at noon. And your match, Ash. Be there by one. And good luck to you both.

Ash and Niko: Thanks. Meanwhile, outside, Team Rocket is at it again, this time as a news crew.

Jessie: Sir, you're on TV.

Trainer A: Who, me?

Jessie: I bet you're a trainer in this Pokémon League competition. Please, tell our viewers all about your rare and valuable Pokémon.

Trainer A: My Pokémon are all winners. I've got a Dodrio, a Raticate, and a Venomoth.

Jessie: Oh, great. A three-headed bird, an overgrown rat, and bugzilla. Team Rocket walks away, unimpressed.

James: There's got to be some chump we can jump for some halfway decent Pokémon here.

Meowth: Hey! How about him?

Mandi performs tricks for onlookers

James: I like that guy's style.

Meowth: I like those Pidgey. Team Rocket approaches.

Jessie: Excuse me.

Mandi: Ah, for you. Mandi makes a rose appear.

Jessie: Are you a Pokémon trainer?

Mandi: You mustn't be a very good news reporter. Or else you'd know that I'm the astounding Mandi, and I'm the biggest news around.

Jessie: And the biggest..But before Jessie can say anything, James stops her.

James: Don't blow our cover.

Mandi: So, what network are you from?

Jessie: We're from LCN.

James: Letters that fit us to a tee!

Mandi: LCN?

Team Rocket: Lovely Charming Network.

Jessie: I'm Jessie, and I came up with the name. I thought it captures the essence of me.

Mandi: That may be, but Mandi the astounding only appears on networks that have viewers. Buh-bye.

Jessie: Well, is that so, magic boy?! Come back here and I'll make your teeth disappear, I bet a lot of viewers would love to see that!

Meowth: Wait, Jessie! If you blow our cover, they'll bounce us out of here and we'll never get any Pokémon!