A Day For Aunt Brenda

"Cancer was the most terrifying thing in Brenda's life. She survived many many years but the great Lord above wanted her home. On this day, we come together to celebrate the death of Brenda Joyce..." The pastors voice drifted off in my mind as I got deeper and deeper into thought. I was standing right in front of  her casket. Noah was by my side. He got to know my aunt well. My parents were here, my sister, Aunt Brenda's sisters and brothers, her husband, her three kids, her friend next door. So many people were here for this amazing woman. "And now a few words from Brenda's great niece and her friend Noah." Noah and I looked  at each other and then walked up in front of everyone together hand in hand.

"My aunt Brenda was a strong, confident woman." "She was one of the fiercest, funniest woman I met." Noah spoke after me. "I was spending time with her in her last few days and we did so much. We went shopping we tried on a bunch of clothes we didn't end up buying, we got fro yo, went to the movies, had family movie night, we did everything and I didn't expect those lifetime memories to be shredded to right here, right now." "I had no idea that Ms. Brenda was sick. You honestly couldn't tell looking at her. I know how much she means to Bella. She talked about her so much and so highly. I guess Bella told me she was sick in a way. Bella told me she was strong, she was a fighter. Bella loves this woman so much." "She's a caring person. The sweetest elder in all of Mississippi. I'm so luck to call her my great aunt. Words can't describe how strong she has been these last few weeks. She lived life to the max everyday because she knew that one day we'd be gathered here and she wouldn't want us to talk about how sad we are or how the world could be so cruel in this day. No. She wants us to talk about all her adventures and joyful moments in her life and here to do that is my grandma slash her sister Debbie."

Noah and I walked back to our spots together as my grandma thanked me for introducing her.