Jealousy

Pov Luna:

I woke up this morning with my sister talking my head off. "Honestly, isn't that messed up. He can't just end things like this, can he?" I throw the pillow off of my face and sit up. 

"Lyds, he's not worth your time. He's an asshole, a useless piece of shit, just forget about him. I promise you Lydia, there's hundreds of boys out there willing to treat you a lot better than he ever could." So Jackson broke things off with her, and is all of a sudden all over new girl. "And I don't give two shits whether your so called best friend is with Scott or not, why the hell is she flirting with your ex."

"Jackson is flirting with Alli?"

"You haven't noticed? I swear next time I see him flirt with her i'll snap his fucking neck." After all this time how could he just leave her like this, that asshole. I'm not sad about them breaking up, in fact I couldn't be happier that he'd be gone. But Lydia is still my sister and nobody hurts my sister. "Lyds you'll be fine, now let me wake up without having to think about the two people I don't like." I shoot her a smile and she leaves my room. 

Today is the day I would go see Allison. I have to bring her necklace back. She probably knows it's missing by now, not that I really care. It's just a stupid necklace she can go without for a few days can't she. 

I can't lie, I thought about keeping it. It would have been better seeing as the cops are searching for it, but then again I would want them to find the fucker that burned down the hale house. I'm just not sure if i'd want her to pay the price too

I knock on the door and Allison opens it, a smile came onto her face when she saw it was me. As she lets me in I look around to see if her father is home too. "He's not home, you don't have to worry." I sigh out relieved. "Good to know the big bad wolf is out." She laughs whilst she walks up the stairs and I follow behind her. "He's not a big bad wolf."

"You're totally right, he's a crazy man with a gun."

"Are you ever going to let that go?"

"No, but you wouldn't get it. he's your dad. Do you have any idea how hard it has been for me, growing up without one? I never had a perfect family, the only people that truely loved me have died, except Derek. So until your dad gets his obsession with him out of his head I won't forget or forgive."

"What do you mean by that? You have Lydia, your parents too." She says looking at me whilst I go through one of her books. "True, except that they hate me." I say chuckling. "Have you met my father, I don't think he even remembers my birthday or my name. I'm the fuck up, Argent. I can do no good in their eyes and there's Lydia, don't get me wrong she does love me but then again i'm starting to be one of many."

"So what is your connection to Derek, he's older than you. Are you secretly obsessed with him, like deeply in love?" 

"Course not, don't worry you don't have to be jealous...he just happened to be there for me all the time. I used to be around his family a lot, me and his sister we were best friends." I'm not sure why i'm telling her this, most people around me either don't know or don't remember. I don't really talk about it like ever, nobody ever listens anyway. "What happened to you guys?"

"She was murdered."

"That must have been hard for you." I cut her off before she can say more of that sympathetic bullshit. "It was, why do you think i'm in the same grade as my younger sister."

"Oh and uh I found something at school." I grab the necklace from my pocket and throw it to her. "Really shouldn't let such a pretty necklace laying around." 

"I've been looking for it everywhere, where'd you find it."

"Canteen. Where's it from, it's pretty?" I ask her and she shrugs. "My aunt Kate gave it to me for my birthday. She said it's a family heirloom, been in our family for a while now."