birthday girl

Luna pov:

I watch as the new girl opens her locker and balloons come flying out. I watch as she stressfully tries to push them in before people can see but is unsuccessful. After she gave up she grabbed the card and started reading it. Of course I know exactly what is in the card, after all I was the one to write it. 

'Happy birthday, new girl. Hope you have a great day, hopefully a day without me in it cause that would have been awful for the both of us otherwise.'

I see her put the card away and grab the little box that went with the card but before she could open it Scott walks to her and they start to talk. Not being intrested in seeing that any longer I leave to go to my next class.  

____________

"Just a friendly reminder, parent/teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a 'C' average are required to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment." mr Harris says. I put my head in my hands knowing very well i'm one of those students. It's not that i'm dumb, most of us aren't actually dumb just to focused on other things. For me, if I may say so i'm pretty smart like my sister. I'm just having a rough start of the year, being unable to pay attention during tests.

people always think i'm dumb because I'm a year older than most people. The reason behind it is I had to repeat a year, due to me missing to much days. It was never because the grades were to low because it's always mostly been A's or B's which is fine, if I didn't have such a perfect sister. 

"Has anyone seen Scott Mccall?" Harris asks us and as he does the door opens. This took my attention making me look up to see Jackson walk in. Everyone was dead silent, even Harris who is never this silent. Harris went over to Jackson and is now being all friendly to him. "Everyone, start reading chapter nine." 

I see Stiles leaning forward to Danny and I decide to listen in on them. "Does anyone know what happened to her and Jackson last night?" I'm assuming he's talking about Lydia and Jackson. He wants to know about the incident from yesterday, but why. "He wouldn't tell me." Danny says going back to work. "But he's your best friend." Danny turns around to Stiles. "And Luna is Lydia's sister, why don't you ask her? I'm sure she knows what happened." He says and turns back to his work. "I don't want to ask her that, what if it's bad?"  

The rest of the class I did my best focusing so I would have little to no homework, as soon as the bell rang I was out of here. I walk through the hallway where I see Stiles in front of me on the phone with someone. "Lydia is MIA, Jackson looks like he has a time bomb inserted into his face, another guy is dead and Luna looks like she can simply be broken with words. You have to do something about it."I scoff going the opposite way. I mean wow my own best friend can't even talk to me, instead he chooses to talk to others about me. I could've easily told him Lydia is at home, on some heavy medicine. 

_____________________________

"Let me tell you, there's plenty to say about both girls." One of our teachers says and dad scoffs. "Did I not predict this?" He says. "Here we go." My mum sighs out. "What is it? Grades? Concentration problems? Erratic behavior?" At this my parents starts to agrue like always. "Can you just tell us what the problem is." my dad asks her and i'm glad he did as I really want to be done with this. "I wasn't aware there was a problem."

"Lydia is one of the finest student i've ever had. Her a.p classes push her gpa above 5.0. I'd actually like to have her I.Q tested. And socially She displays outstandingleadership qualities. I mean she's a real leader." My parents look at eachother with a smirk on their faces. "And now the bad news." My dad looks at me. "Well no bad news, Luna is just slightly different from her sister. I can't name one person who doesn't love her, she's always open to offer people her help. Grade wise, not the best but i'm convinced she's got it in her seeing as her past years have been mostly perfect. Only thing i've seem to notice is her mind has been a bit absent recently, she's not been paying much attention in class but there's enough time to work on that." I look down knowing it still seems as a disappointment to my parents. "That's about it, hope you guys have a great rest of the night." The teacher lets us out and the silence is just about killing me. 

We walk out of the school and there's two things I notice, one being new girl talking to her parents and two being Melissa Mccall. I wave at Melissa and she returns it. I was about to go up to them since we are not to far from them, when I feel my mum pull me back. "And where do you think you're going? Haven't you done enough already?" I look to the ground knowing I coudn't hold back tears if I looked at her. "Look at you! You've once again let us down. You heard it yourself, you are a failer, maybe you should spend a little less time with those stupid boys and start spending time with your sister and her friends, at least they seem to have it all together." I lose it at my mothers words. "I'm trying my absolute fucking best! for you! it's never enough with you people." 

"It's okay if you wanna come for me, talk me down. Don't you dare try and talk bad about my friends, because you don't know the first thing about them." I finish of saying before I walk away from her. "Get in the car, we're going home!" she shouts at me. "I'll walk." I say when I hear a loud scream. Everyone starts to panick, running ways and getting in their cars. I see miss new girl back up right into the path of an upcoming car so I run up to her and pull her towards me just in time. "Are you okay?" I ask her looking if she's hurt in any way. "I'm fine, thank you." 

There's two gun shots and in a matter of seconds it's silent. "Guess we're safe now. Oh and a small tip, try and not make this a habit. I would hate having to safe you again Argent." She laughs looking down. "I'll try."

"Oh and thanks for the present, how did you even know it was my birthday?" 

"I know everything about you Argent." I keep a very serious face, but she seems very quiet so I nudge her arm. "I'm kidding, I heard Lydia mention it once or twice." She looks up trying to keep in a laugh but very much fails. "That does make more sense." 

"Well I better go now." I say and I see her look around, probably for her parents. "You know I can give you a ride home, if that's alowed. I don't know the rules of being enimies, never been there before." Now normally I would like to say no to that offer but walking home is quite a long walk if you ask me. "Sure, but do me a favor and don't talk to much or at all. It's been a long day already." 

We get into her car and she didn't take long to start driving. 

We're about half way there when she breaks the silence. "How do you know Derek Hale?" She asks me and my god must she have been thinking about that a long time now. "That's personal." I say looking out of the window. "Are you hooking up with him?" She asks. "God no! I get you might be jealous you can't have me, but no need to be jealous of that sassy man." She scoffs getting my attention. "Me, wanting you. Absolutely not. If you hadn't noticed yet, me and Scott are kind of a thing." I laugh at her. "Ah alright, well I don't care anyways."

"Because you've got plenty of boys already?" I shake my head. "Is that your way of calling me a slut, because that's not me. I may have boys coming right and left but that doesn't mean I want them, you wouldn't understand it." 

"Why wouldn't I?" She says offended. "Because you don't have a sister like I do. Boys only want me to get to her, everyone always uses me to get to her." I can tell she feels at least a bit bad about saying it. "What about Stiles, you two seem very close." Stiles, he's the one everyone thinks i'm dating. Which simply isn't true, he's my best friend and nothing more. "Wrong, he's head over heals for lydia. If you wanted to know if i'm single you could've just asked Argent." I see her shake her head. "Why do you always have to make a joke out of everything, you're soo annoying."

"It's what i'm best at. And that's my house, thanks for the ride and hope you have an awful rest of your day Argent."

"Goodnight, Luna."