Contention Fourteen: Nietzsche's Philosophy

"Adrian, stop being stubborn, and just talk to him," Genevieve scolded me.

"Whyyyy????" I whined, "It's not my fault that I'm actually good at debate while he sucks."

"You're so humble, Adrian," Dalia stated while typing analytics on her computer.

"I'm just annoyed at him," I explained, "I don't want him to fumble my opportunity of getting far at Nats because he can't delink an impact in a basic DA."

"Adrian, maybe the problem isn't his debate skills," Genevieve commented.

"I agree," Dalia looked up from her computer and stopped typing, "How about you two get some team bonding going and come to my friend's band's concert this Friday. It's at the Phantom Pavilion at 8pm."

"Oh, the goth club on 25th Avenue?" Genevieve asked,

Dalia nodded her head in confirmation before I spoke up.

"Dalia, seriously?" I laughed, "Team bonding? What are we? Kindergarteners?"

"Well, both of you are acting like kindergarteners, so think about my suggestion. You know, I'm always right."

"Fine, I'll think about it."

"But actually think about it," Dalia lectured me, "Don't just say you'll think about it when you already have made up your mind. I know how much you like to not do things because you're petty, especially when it's to prove me wrong."

"Huh? Who told you that?" I turned to her

"Wallace, duh," Dalia simply answered before going back to writing more analytics on her computer.

I muttered with a smile, "That gossipy bitch."

"Anyway, you should probably come to the concert, regardless if you bring Anthony or not," Genevieve suggested.

"Yeah," Dalia added, "Provolone told me that he wrote a fire guitar solo for one of the band's songs."

"Okay, bet. I'll be there."

"With Anthony," Dalia emphasized.

"Ehhh, maybe with Anthony."

"I'll take a maybe."

...

"YOU GOT A 9 TO 5, SO I'LL TAKE THE NIGHT SHIFT AND I'LL NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN IF I CAN HELP IT," I screamed, as "Night Shift" blasted out of my phone's speaker.

"IN FIVE YEARS, I HOPE THE SONGS FEEL LIKE COVERS."

Cloudy was lucky enough today to be out at a party, so she didn't have to deal with me listening to my sad girl playlist and screaming my lungs out.

I continued screeching, "DEDICATED TO NEW LO-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! IT'S THREE AM, YOU ANGSTY BITCH," the people from the dorm over yelled through the wall.

"OH! SORRY!" I apologized and turned off my speaker.

Hmmm, I should prep.

I mean, should I?

After that mock debate, I doubt Anthony and I are going to do Nats together anymore.

What's the point in prepping if I'm not even going to go?

I'm probably going to have to go in...

I shivered.

World Schools...

Ughhh.

It's fine.

I can still go in Policy.