10

10

COA night

Muntik pang hindi matuloy ang COA night dahil nagbago ang isip ng President ng school. Hindi raw pwedeng gabi, pero pinakiusapan ni Dean na handa na ang lahat kaya wala na 'tong nagawa pa.

If I was right, they hated our department because we were always competitive and winning.

"You're so pretty," I told Essa who was caressing her hair in front of my vanity table.

We had a sleepover so we could prepare together. She was weaing a light blue gown which made her embody the beauty of Cinderella.

Shade of blue kasi ang theme namin.

"And you're prettier!" she said in a high note. "Sana maging Ms. COA and Mr. COA night kayo ni Theo!"

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "We're only  freshmen. Malabong mangyari 'yan. Baka nga graduating ang piliin dahil huling taon na nila..."

"Hindi ako papayag! Sa ganda mong 'yan?" She groaned with exaggeration.

As much as I wanted to feel flattered, I couldn't help but feel nervous and pressured at the same time. In all honesty, I wanted those titles for us too. I just thought it would be so romantic and special if we get crowned together.

Just how cute, right?

I sighed. Singco really succeeded in teaching me to have a sense of romance.

Sorry! I was always surrounded with educational books, not romantic and fictional ones!

Hinatid kami ni daddy sa high school. Nakahiwalay kasi ang junior high school sa amin. May sariling school pa lang sila na hindi naman gano'n kalayo sa college. Hindi pa kasi gawa ang gymasium namin kaya sa JHS muna.

"Mag-ingat kayo, okay?" si Tita dahil sumama siya kay daddy sa paghatid.

She was so supportive. She even took a picture of me with my father. She always helped me prepared some things. I suddenly missed my Mom who I had never got a chance to meet. I knew she was watching me from above, tho. I knew... she was happy whenever I was happy.

"Enjoy the rest of the evening, Eleyn. And... know your limits. I already talked to your date," nakangiting sabi ni Daddy.

Essa laughed with Tita.

"Dad!" natatawa na ring sabi ko.

Bumaba na kami ni Essa pagkatapos ng asaran na 'yon. Essa was so loud thanking my parents. Pagpasok namin sa venue, naiilang ako dahil pinupuri nila ang gown ko.

"Told you," Essa whispered with proud. Kinindatan n'ya ako nang may sumundo na sa kaniya.

I shot her with my surprised look. She was with Singco's friend! Rico, was it?

I was about to speak when I felt two gentle hands on my waist. When I looked behind me, it was my 'date'. I smiled and enjoyed the view of him. He looked so neat and charming, especially with his tantalizing eyes and styled hair. He smiled after scanning me.

"Saying you're stunning tonight would be an understatement..." he said slowly and romantically.

I rolled my eyes. "You look so good tonight, too..." Sa huli ay tumawa ako nang mahina.

"Gwapo, right?" mayabang nitong sabi at hinila na ako gamit ang kaniyang isang kamay sa baywang ko.

The hand placement was sending continuous sparks in my spine. Every time he does things, I always felt ecstatic.

Some students from our department teases us both, some greeted, and some took a picture of us. Hinatid niya ako sa table namin at tumayo muna sa tabi ko nang ilang minuto bago nagpaalam.