Chapter 7 - Sisu

"I was so focused on saving the world, i forgot to have breakfast today."

"Oh, my.. where am I?" The figure asks confused. "Pengu? Amba? Pranee? Are you here?"

"Oh, Mighty Sisu." Ray says and salutes it. Making you look at him with wide eyes before following and stuttering still in shock.

"Uh.. S..Sisu.. uh, what he said." You utter in your state of shock as you salute.

"Who said that?" The dragon asks. You hear a whooshing sound before Ray suddenly exclaims. You look up with wide eyes in panic as you see him laying feet away from you, now in a tangled mess.

"Hello?" The dragon asks.

"Ray!?" You exclaim and make your way to him. Ray making muffled groaning sounds for his tangled position.

"Oh." The dragon says when he notices him. "I'm sorry I didn't see you there." Sisu laughs and helps him up, making you back up a few steps as you watch her lift him up in her arms. "Not to bad." She takes his foot and hold him upside down. "Just a little dusty." She says and dusts him.

"Sisu? You are Sisu?" Ray asks in awe.

"And you are people. What's your name?" She asks him.

"Ray. I'm Ray. And that's my sister, Y/N." He says and points to you, when she looks at you, you wave awkwardly to the dragon.

"And you're not stone, which means.. it worked!" She exclaims happily and cradles Ray in her arms and you can't help the smile forming on your lips as you try to hold back your laugh.

"You hear that, Pengu? It worked!" She runs around the space in a circle. "I didn't mess it up! Is that food?" She then asks, stopping.

She lets Ray go, and run over to the bag. Ray grunts as he land hard on the ground.

"I was so focused on saving the world, i forgot to have breakfast today." Sisu says as she digs for food in your bag.

"Today?" You ask curiously as you reach Ray, him too looking at her confused.

"When exactly do you think today is?" Ray asks her.

"Tuesday." She answers as she takes a bite from the jackfruit jerky, then gurgling at the taste. You give her a look of annoyance as she does so and she notices. "I mean.. Mmm. What is this delightful culinary treat?" She asks and you cross your arms unamused.

"It's jackfruit jerky. I dried it myself." You tell her confidently.

You weren't good at cooking but you enjoyed it and when you did make something you were proud of yourself, it was something useful you could contribute with since early times when you and your brother were alone.

He was better at cooking than you, but it was mostly you making sure the two of you ate, while he concentrated on getting money and keeping you safe, until you were old enough to help with that too.

You knew your brother didn't love the jerky, but he still ate it, it was the cheapest thing you could make on your own and it was easy to travel with.

"Well, compliments to the chef. Wanna finish this skippy?" She tries to give it to Tuk Tuk as she laughs awkwardly, and you glare at her and then Tuk Tuk when he grumbles jerking away from the food.