Chapter 5 - The Druun

"Ray, Y/N. Don't give up on them."

(Scene Ray and Namar in the cave by the Dragon Gem.)
...

You had delivered the girl back to her mother and were going back to the boys, not finding them where you left them, you went to go find your father and see what he was doing.

You find him standing with the Chief of Fang. You walk over with a friendly smile looking up at the woman, hoping to introduce yourself to Namar's mother. She glances down at you as you approach them, with a smile of her own.

"Chief Virana, I'm so glad Fang accepted our invitation." Your father tells her as you come up to them.

But stop in your tracks just before them when you hear a whistling sound, you turn around to see a flare in the air above where the Dragon Gem is hidden.

You turn to your father in concern, seeing him looking at the same thing, he turns around and you follow his line of sight to the Chief of Fang sneaking away in the crowd.

"Stay here, Y/N." He tells you and you nod, hugging yourself as people leave in a hurry toward the Dragon Gem. You look up in worry.

...
(Scene by the Dragon Gem with everyone.)
...

You had watched in horror as Druun appeared. You were running for your life, dodging some close calls with the Druuns, but luckily your agility and quickness helped you avoid them.

You were running the same way as other people but looking around for your father and brother. Your vision getting blurry by the tears as you had watched friends you cared for get turned to stone in front of you.

You had just dodged a Druun when a new one was about to come for you, but you didn't see it. Something tackled you to the ground just as the Druun came, it turned a person who had been running somewhere beside you into stone before continuing in a different direction.

You look up to find Namar on top of you, helping you up and making you run, by taking your hand. You were just about to follow him when you heard someone shout your name.

You didn't see him, but you recognised the voice as your father's. You pry yourself from Namar's hold to run to him.

"Y/N!" He was about to grab you again to keep you safe, but his mother had grabbed him and dragged him along. He was watching behind him in horror as you disappeared into the crowd, running the opposite way.

You find your brother and father, and meet them halfway on the bridge.

"Ba!" You exclaim when you see him struggling to stand up, Ray trying to help him.

"Ba, get up! Come on!" Ray exclaims. "Please, we have to keep moving." You try to help him stand but you're not strong enough, even together.

"Get up!" You shout as you watch the Druun get closer.

Chief Benja breathes heavily as he looks behind him to see the Druun getting closer.

"Ba, we don't have time!" You shouts to make him try to stand and run again.

"Stand up! We'll help." Ray tells him.

"Ray, you have to listen. You are the guardian of the Dragon Gem." He tells his son.

"Ba, why are you saying this?" He exclaims in worry.

"There's still light in this. There's still hope." Your father tells you holding a piece of the Dragon Gem.

"No! We can make it together." Ray exclaims angrily. "You're okay." He clutches your father's shirt and starts crying, your own tears streaming down your face.

"Ray, Y/N. Don't give up on them." Your father tells you and gives the both of you a kiss on your foreheads. "I love you, my dewdrops." He tells you.

"Ba?" You question and before you know it you're throw over the railing. "Ba!" You scream as you fall, hitting the water, before trying to swim up to the surface.

"Ray, protect your sister." He tells Ray who watched in shock at the actions of his father, he doesn't get to respond before his father throws him into the river too.

"No!" He exclaims as he falls.

You gasp as you reach the surface. Turning just in time to see another figure falling toward the water. Looking back up at the bridge you see your father turn to stone and you cry in exclamation.

Ray splashed into the water and you turn to him when he reaches the surface again. He looks up at your father.

"No." He whispers, looking in sadness and then to you who was floating away from him trying to swim to him.

"Y/N!" He then shouts.

Your brother swims up to you and grab you, holding you tightly to him in protection as you float downstream together.