Chapter 8 - Tail's Gem

"It's not to stop Druun. It's to stop people."

"Okay, so here's the stitch." Ray starts to explain to Sisu. "After the gem broke, each piece was taken by one of the chiefs of the five lands. Fang, Heart, Spine, Talon and Tail."

"Where we are now." You add as you roll up to a cave entrance.

"Wow. So many questions. First one, why am i wearing this?" She asks gesturing to her coat and hat.

"Well, we don't want to attract attention." He answers her.

"Oh, you definitely chose the right hat for that." She tells him. "So, what makes you think the Tail chiefs here?" She asks but trips on a line. Your eyes widen as Ray runs up and tackles her away in time.

You breathe out in relief when you see them sitting up on the other side of the pole that almost fell on them.

"Because this place didn't just booby-trap itself." He tells her and you climb over the fallen pole.

"This doesn't make sense. None of this would stop a Druun." Sisu says confused.

"It's not to stop Druun." You sigh sadly.

"It's to stop people." Ray says and Sisu just hums.

Ray goes a head of you through all the booby-traps not triggering any of them. You glance at an impressed Sisu, before going through yourself. You and Ray then turns to Sisu as she smoothly goes through it too.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She asks Ray. He chuckles nervously.

"Nothing. I'm just not used to seeing dragons." He says in a fanboy moment, you clap and squeeze his shoulder looking up at Sisu.

"My brother is a bit of a dragon nerd, you see." You tell her.

"Impressed, huh? Wait until you see my backstroke. Im wicked when i hit that liquid. I got water skills that kill." She says and Rays expression slowly fade. "I slaughter when i hit the water. I'm like, really good at swimming, through rhyme. I was trying to make that.. that I'm  really good at swim.. I'm a good swimmer, is basically what I'm saying." She says and you chuckle softly as you continue into the cave.

"Okay, uhm, we need to keep going." Ray says pointing to you leaving, before awkwardly following after you.

As you walk further in and turn a corner, Sisu gasps dramatically. Making you and Ray jump.

"Oh, no!"

"What?" You hiss.

"What is it?" Ray asks concerned, waving his sword around.

"We forgot to bring a gift for the Tail chief." Sisu says.

"I'm sorry. A gift?" Ray asks confused.

"Yeah. A gift says, You can trust me, can i trust you?" She says and you smile.

A bug flies on Sisu nose and she gasps, before talking it in her hands.

"Aw. Hey, there, little fella. This beetles got a booty." She chuckles when it wiggles its butt to her.

"Uh.. careful. It's a Toot N Boom." You tell her cautiously taking a step away from her as Ray tries to get closer.

"Why is it called a.." Sisu starts to ask but the bug toots and booms. It explodes green mist and you jump away from it.

"Got it. Noted. Makes sense." She chuckles sheepishly, having landed beside Ray.

You then walk over to them seeing the tight hallway with hundreds of bugs on the wall.