Chapter 18: Faded

Enjoy reading and don't forget to vote. typos ahead as i did not proof read this chapter. vote vote vote ( or don't haha )

My back is hurting like crazy guys I might be dying ( or getting old)

Author's POV

In the sprawling expanse of the Wong mansion, an air of tension gripped the room as Bonz, Kao, Gulf, Yin and Boun gathered in the sitting room.

"What exactly happened?" Bonz inquired, his eyes probing Yin for an explanation.

After hearing about the accident, the four friends hurried to the Wong mansion to accompany Yin since they could not attend the Gala due to their busy schedules.

"War doesn't strike me as someone who would hurt anyone."Boun, interjected.

Gulf, nodding in agreement, added, "Yeah, War is too kind. Something's off about the whole situation."

The collective expressions of disbelief and concern seemed to make Yin's mind buzz.

"Someone is playing a dirty game here and We need to get to the bottom of it." Kao, pointed out.

Interrupting the conversation, Bonz redirected the focus, "How's War's condition, Yin?"

Yin, his thoughts still in disarray, replied, "I don't know Chris took him away "

"Who is Chris and why would he take War away?", Gulf asked

"Chris said he is War's guardian" Bai, who had just entered the room said. "And its a good thing he took War away since this shitty friend of yours didn't seem to care about War's well being at all"

"Bai , you don't get to speak to me like that" Yin feeling disrespected by his younger sister warned.

"Well am I wrong? you clearly failed War." Bai didn't back down but raised her voice instead.

Caught off guard, Yin stammered, "I was panicking. I couldn't think straight at that time."

Bai's gaze intensified, her anger seeping through as she confronted Yin. "How long have you known War, Yin? And seeing War's character, did you really believe that note?"

Yin, feeling the weight of the accusatory questions, responded, "Everything happened too fast. Seeing Celine in the verge of losing her life made me scared."

Bai, her anger boiling over, shouted, "So, you were so scared that you actually believed War was the culprit? In your mind, did War not matter at all? Celine's pain was the only pain you saw, and not War's? Instead of comforting him, you added to War's pain by believing he was the one who did it!"

Ruffling his hair in frustration, Yin stood up to ask, "What was I supposed to do, you saw hoe fucked up the situation was?"

Bai, now wearing a mocking expression, taunted, "You're a true bastard, Yin. War pleaded for you to believe him, but you didn't give him a chance to explain. He passed out, and you didn't bother to check on him until Chris came. That's when you reacted."

Yin was silent.

"So much for being his boyfriend" Bai mocked again.

Ruffling his hair in frustration, Yin stood up to defend himself, "What was I supposed to do? You saw how messed up the situation was."

Bai, now wearing a mocking expression, taunted, "You're a true bastard, Yin. War pleaded for you to believe him, but you didn't give him a chance to explain. He passed out, and you didn't bother to check on him until Chris came. That's when you reacted."

Yin was silent, caught in the storm of accusations.

"So much for being his boyfriend," Bai mocked again.