Chapter 13: Poison

Enjoy reading and don't forget to vote.

Author's POV

Amidst the shadows of emotional turmoil, War's tear-streaked face betrayed the depth of his heartache as he pleaded with Yin, the one who held both the power to mend and break his fragile soul.

"Yin, please... I can't bear this pain. Tell me what I've done wrong, and I'll fix it. I beg you."

Yin, a tempest of conflicting emotions in his eyes, responded with a calculated cruelty.

"You think you deserve my love? Look at yourself - a pitiful mess of emotions. I don't need someone like you in my life."

War, his voice choked with sorrow, tried desperately to understand.

"But I love you, Yin. I thought... I thought we shared something real."

Yin, with a dismissive sneer, intensified the emotional onslaught.

"Love? You're delusional. I never loved you. You were just a passing distraction, and now you're becoming a burden."

The words cut through War's heart like a dagger, leaving him gasping for breath.

"Please, Yin, don't say that. I'll do anything to make it right. Just tell me how I can fix this."

Yin, unmoved by War's plea, continued his verbal assault.

"There's nothing to fix. You're not worth my time or affection. Leave and spare me the agony of your presence."

War, his tears flowing unabated, clung to the remnants of hope.

"I can change, Yin. I'll be whoever you want me to be. Just give me a chance."

Yin, with a cold indifference, delivered the final blow.

"I don't want you. I never did. Now, leave before I regret wasting any more time on you."

"War"

"War"

"War!!!! Wake up "

War's eyes snapped open, his heart still pounding from the emotional turmoil of the dream.

He found himself in the dimly lit room, and before him was Yin, looking concerned.

Yin asked softly, "War, what's wrong? You seemed so distressed."

War's whole body was trembling with fear.

"I had a terrible dream, Yin. It..It felt so real. You were leaving me, saying hurtful things."

Yin's expression softened as he reached out to War and hugged him.

"It was just a dream, War. I'm here with you."Yin said with a soothing voice.War, seeking comfort, moved closer.

Yin leaned his back on the headboard then he guided War to sit on his lap.Gently wrapping War's legs around his waist, making War hug him like a baby koala .

Yin cradled War's head on his shoulder, offering warmth and reassurance.

"What happened in the dream doesn't reflect reality, War. " Yin whispered, his voice a soothing balm to War's troubled soul.