Chapter 15: Wish I didn't know you

Enjoy reading and don't forget to vote. Sorry for the mistakes and typos as I didn't review this chapter cause it's horrifyingly long.

Hope you won't get bored reading 😉.

Author's POV

As Bright's car rolled into the driveway of their house, the soft glow of the porch light welcomed them.

War, still immersed in an uneasy slumber, remained oblivious to their arrival.

Bright and Win exchanged glances, silently agreeing not to disturb him.

With careful precision, Bright scooped War into his arms, cradling him like fragile glass.

The trio moved through the quiet house, guided by muted footsteps and the faint hum of the night.

War's room, a familiar sanctuary within the walls of his friends' home, awaited him.

Bright gently laid him down on the bed, but even in his sleep, War stirred with restless discomfort.

Win, sensing his unease, took a seat beside him.

As War shifted, Win's soothing touch glided over his forehead, tracing the contours of his face.

The rhythmic caresses whispered a promise of comfort, coaxing War back into the realm of serene dreams.

In the dim light of the room, Bright's features hardened with a silent anger, a protective shield forming around War.

"I can't believe Yin would make him cry this much"

"He must have done a lot to make War this hurt" Win responded"War is a strong person and doesn't break that easily"

"God I swear if he gets anywhere near War again I'll kill him. And War should stay away from that asshole too" Bright scoffed with anger written on his face.

Win, while sharing Bright's sentiment, offered a more measured perspective. "It's ultimately War's decision. We can't force him. All we can do is be here when he needs us."

Bright sighed, frustration etched across his face. "I just hate seeing him hurt like this."

"Me too," Win admitted, his gaze never leaving War's peaceful face.

"But we have to respect his choices and support him, no matter what."

The weight of the night's emotional turmoil hung in the air as Bright and Win reluctantly retreated from War's room.

The soft click of the door echoed the separation from their wounded friend, leaving them in the stillness of their shared concern.

"I hate feeling so helpless," Bright muttered, his fists clenched in frustration.

Win placed a reassuring hand on Bright's shoulder.

"We're doing what we can, and that's enough for now. War needs time to process everything."

With a final glance at War's closed door, they made their way to their own bedroom.

As they settled into bed, the gravity of the situation lingered in the silence.

Bright's anger simmered just beneath the surface, a volatile mix of protective rage for War and disdain for Yin.

Win, sensing Bright's turmoil, intertwined their fingers and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips.

"We'll be there for War tomorrow. Right now, let's get some rest. We need to be strong for him."

Bright nodded, his jaw set in determination. "Yeah, you're right. We can't let this ruin our lives."