seven

"I can't sleep." She sighs tiredly when she turns around again in bed. Ari failing to fall asleep, she's been thinking about what Sohee had said for the rest of the day. The thought of him being able to recollect memories of his past life had been clouding her mind, and she hasn't been able to be at ease.

She closes her eyes in attempt to fall asleep. Maybe if she just stops thinking then she'd be able to doze off.

⋆ ࣪.     ˖ ࣪⭑

'Why am I holding onto a rope?'
Ari questions herself. She was walking into her room as she held onto the rope.

'I can't stop. I can't control my own body.'
She says. Ari wanting to scream but somehow her body had a control of its own. She wasn't able to speak. Able to stop moving. She wasn't able to do anything.

The last thing that she felt was utter pain before she slips away. She felt lifeless, but she could somehow see her dead body visibly hung in her room.
The sight petrified her. Was she seeing a glimpse of a part of her life? Surely it couldn't be her present life because this version of her looked a lot younger.
Was this what Sohee meant when he was able to see a recollection of his past life?

She wanted to wake up. She didn't like this. She wanted to wake up from this nightmare.

'Stop this!' Ari exclaims.
Her vision started to get blurry as tears started running down her face.

The door to her bedroom then slammed open. Startling her as she looks over to see Sohee standing there as he breathed heavily. In distressed. Hysteria when he sees her lifeless body in the room.

"ARI ... no.. this can't be real, ARI!" He shouted as he covers his mouth in aghast.

'Sohee I'm right here. I'm alive.' She wanted to yell out but he couldn't hear her.

"Why... whyy." He lets out a bellowed wail as he drops to his knees. Staring at his arm that had the symbol of the rope before it gradually started to fade away, just like her life.

.

She woke up from her dream. Sitting up as her face felt wet. Was she crying in her sleep?
"I hate this." Ari mumbles as she wipes her tears off. She spent the next few minutes just staring at a random part of her room.
Wondering if the ominous feeling that Sohee's been having was because he was afraid if she'll die. Just like what happened in their past life.
But surely he didn't know the reason why he felt that way. Why he feels so tense when he was around her. Now she knew why. She knew the outcome of what was to happen to her.

*bzzt!

She looks over at her phone to see it shining. The only thing that lit up the dark room at this hour.
Ari took a hold of her phone as she looks at the notification. Seeing a text from the person whom she had just been thinking about.

Sohee •ʚ•

| you're scaring me
| I was sleeping peacefully and then I started sweating out of nowhere and I felt unsafe in the comfort of my own bed
| why are you up at this hour Ari?

😭😭 |
sorry |
I got a nightmare |
I got scared |

| well this is a first
| what did you dream about?

My past |
I've been thinking about what you said in the library and I think I brought it to my dream :/ |
You say Sohee, when you dreamt about your past, you didn't dream of anything bad right?|

| no, not that I remember off
| but again, the good memories seemed like there was more behind it

Have you ever reached the end of the dream?|

| 🤨🤨?
| no I don't think so
| why are you asking all of a sudden, you're scaring me Ari...

This was the only time that I've dreamt about the past |
And I dreamt of my last moments before I died |

| ...
| 😀 were my instincts correct, you made me petrified. How am I supposed to sleep peacefully after knowing this 😭

unsent/ you were there to witness it too.. |
Hmmm surely that was all in the past and it won't happen again in the future right? |

| :(((

Look we're still soulmates in this life! |
I won't die on you this time |

| this reassured me by a small amount T__T
| but I'll do the same as well
| I won't die on you as well in this life, in every life for the matter.