𝘘𝘜𝘈𝘛𝘛𝘜𝘖𝘙𝘋𝘌𝘊𝘐𝘔

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━━━✶━━━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
do you pinky promise?
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━━━✶━━━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

𝘈𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘢'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"Dr. Nagel?" Sam speaks and the doctor's shaky gasp confirms his identity.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Nagel demands.

"We know you created the super soldier serum" Sam reveals.

"Get out of my lab" The doctor retorts and I raise a brow at him.

"That's not very nice, doc" I declare and the man moves towards me at a fast speed.

"Hey!" Sam yells but Nagel doesn't stop until Bucky steps in front of me, glaring at the doctor.

"You know who he is, right?" Sam taunts the now scared man who is practically shaking while he eyes up Bucky before turning him to face the other man in the room "This is Baron Zemo. I know you've heard of him, too, right? You seem like a pretty smart guy. So you better become conversational real quick"

"How about a counter proposal?" Nagel suggests and I step forwards beside Bucky "Make me a better offer and I'll talk"

"Or how about you talk and we don't kill you?" I offer him.

"Guys, we have company" Sharon warns us through the earpieces.

Bucky grabs the doctor and sits him down on his computer chair, aiming his gun at the man's head.

"Every bounty hunter in the city is here. We gotta go!" Sharon yells at us.

The Barnes man moves his gun a little to the right and lets of a shot, causing the jittery doctor to jump in fright.

"Okay. Okay" Nagel gives in.

"I was brought into HYDRA's Winter Soldier program to pick up their work after the five failed test subjects in Siberia" Nagel admits while Bucky glances at me and the boys "When HYDRA fell, I was recruited by the CIA. They had blood samples from an American test subject with semi-stable traces of serum in his system"

"After much labor, I was able to isolate the necessary compounds in his blood" Nagel explains to us "I was a god. I did what no other scientist since Erskine was able to do. But mine was going to be different. No clunky machines or jacked up bodies. Mine was going to be subtle, optimized, perfect"

"How have we never heard about this?" Sam asks in disbelief.

"Because before I was able to complete my work, I turned to dust. Then when I returned, it was five years later, program had been abandoned, so I came here. The Power Broker was more than happy to fund the recreation of my work" Nagel answers simply.

"How many vials did you make?" Sam questions.

"Twenty" The doctor replies "Karli Morgenthau stole those, so... I can only imagine what the Power Broker has planned for that poor girl"

"Where's Karli now?" Sam continues his interrogation.

"I don't know where she is. But a couple of days ago, she called and asked if I could help someone named Donya Madani. Poor woman has tuberculosis. Typical of overpopulation in displacement camps like that" Doctor Nagel speaks nonchalantly.