𝘕𝘖𝘝𝘌𝘔

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━━━✶━━━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
do a little roleplay
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━━━✶━━━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

𝘈𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘢'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"So our first move is grand theft auto?" Sam declares as I look around the warehouse of cars with an impressed grin.

"These are mine. Collected by family over the generations" Zemo replies.

"Sweet" I hum, running my fingers along the side of a red convertible.

"I spent years hunting people HYDRA recruited to recreate the serum" Zemo explains "Because once it's out there someone can create an army of people...like the Avengers"

I share a frown with Sam and he walks over to me, his gaze focusing on Zemo with a suspicious glare.

"I ended the Winter Soldier program once before. I have no intention to leave my work unfinished" Zemo states, picking up a bag and his jacket "To do this, we'll have to scale a ladder of lowlifes"

"Well, join the party. We've already started" Sam scowls at the man as he starts to walk away.

"First stop is a woman named Selby" Zemo speaks up without looking back at us "Mid level fence I still have a line on. From there, we climb"

"She seems just lovely" I sarcastically drawl out.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Sam, Zemo, Bucky and I all walk towards the Sokovian man's private jet, a pair of sunglasses covering my eyes from the harsh sun.

"So all this time you've been rich?" Sam snaps at the man.

"I'm a Baron, Sam. My family was royalty until your friends destroyed my country" Zemo explains.

"Oh, my family was royalty too!" I perk up, glancing at him "Until they died and my planet blew up"

"How tragic" Zemo replies and I shrug with a nod.

He then greets the man standing at the steps in a foreign language, the man replying before they embrace each other in a hug.

"Please" Zemo says, asking us to follow as he walks up the stairs.

We follow him onto the plane and sit down in the cream coloured leather seats. Sam sits down opposite from Zemo, keeping his glare on him at all times and I'm left with the seat opposite Bucky, my gaze transfixed on the view out of the window.

Once we're finally in the air, I turn my head and my eyes meet the familiar ocean blue. He turns his head to look away from me before I can even react to his staring and I frown deeply in confusion.

Zemo lets out a chuckle as Oeznik the butler enters the cabin and hands him a glass of champagne.

"Apologies if that's a little warm, the fridge is out. But I will see if there is some good food in the galley" Oeznik tells Zemo.

Zemo replies in the same foreign language as before they they both laugh, causing me to narrow my eyes at them in suspicion.

"It's good to have you back, sir" Oeznik smiles happily.

The old man waddles away and Zemo takes a drink before turning his head to look at us.

"You don't know what it's like to be locked in a cell" He says.

"Don't we?" I retort sassily.

"Oh, that's right. You do" He corrects himself.

"Why don't you tell us about where we're going?" Sam speaks up.

"I'm sorry. I was just fascinated by this" Zemo replies, looking at the book in his hand "I don't know what to call it, but this part seems to be important. Who is Nakajima?"

Bucky immediately lunges forward and grabs Zemo by the throat, pining him to the back of his chair with a deadly glare.

"If you touch that again, i'll kill you" Bucky growls out in rage.

My eyes are wide as he snatches his pocketbook and sits back down in his seat across from me without another word.

"I'm sorry. I understand that list of names. People you've wronged as the Winter Soldier" Zemo explains.

"Don't push it" Bucky warns him.

"I've seen that book" Sam points out.

"It was Steve's" I hum, ignoring the look from both boys as I turn my gaze back to the window.

"I told him about Trouble Man. He wrote it in that book" Sam says fondly "Did you hear it? What'd you think?"

"I like 40's music, so..." Bucky drawls off.

"You didn't like it?" Sam gasps in disbelief.

"I liked it" Bucky counters.

"It is a masterpiece, James. Complete. Comprehensive. It captures the African American experience" Zemo states.

"He's out of line, but he's right" Sam nods "It's great. Everybody loves Marvin Gaye"

"I like Marvin Gaye" Bucky replies.

"Steve adored Marvin Gaye" Sam declares.

"You must have really looked up to Steve" Zemo says thoughtfully "But I realised something when I met him. The danger with people like him, America's Super Soldiers, is that we put them on pedestals"

"Watch your step, Zemo" Sam warns him.

"They become symbols. Icons" Zemo continues, ignoring Sam "And then we start to forget about their flaws. From there, cities fly, innocent people die. Movements are formed, wars are fought. You remember that, right?"

"As a young soldier sent to Germany to stop a mad icon. Do we want to live in a world full of people like the Red Skull?" Zemo questions "That is why we're going to Madripoor"

"What's up with Madripoor? You guys talk about it like it's Skull Island" Sam asks curiously.

"It's an island nation in the Indonesian archipelago. It was a pirate sanctuary back in the 1800s" Bucky explains.

"It's kept its lawless ways. But we cannot exactly walk in as ourselves" Zemo adds.

"So, we do a little roleplay?" I suggest with a suggestive smirk.

Sam rolls his eyes with a smile and Zemo amusedly grins while Bucky shakes his head, looking almost annoyed.

"James, you will have to become someone you claim is gone" Zemo tells the Barnes man who glares at him.