𝘚𝘌𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘔

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━━━✶━━━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
right back at you, captain
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━━━✶━━━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

𝘈𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘢'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"All right, good. All right, get close. Come on, a little closer" She tells them as they scoot their chairs closer.

"You heard her boys. A little closer" I smirk and they both shoot me a glare.

"Which way you want to go?" Bucky snaps at Sam "Right or left?"

"Why're your legs open?" Sam retorts and I giggle "You know what? Fine. Here. You happy now?"

"All right" Christina nods "Good"

"We're locked in" Sam declares.

"That's a little close" Bucky comments.

"Very close. That's what you wanted, right?" Sam replies.

"Guys" Christina snaps to stop their bickering "Now look at each other. You need to look at each other in the eyes"

They look each other in the eye and I gulp, the room suddenly becoming filled with tension.

"There, you see? That wasn't so hard" Christina chirps before they narrow their eyes at each other "Wait, what are you doing?"

"Are they having a staring contest?" She asks me in disbelief.

"I do believe so, ma'am" I answer, shaking my head at them "Idiots"

"Just blink!" Christina huffs, snapping her fingers at them and Sam blinks "Sweet Jesus"

"All right, James, why does Sam aggravate you?" Christina asks and James scoffs, smiling in disbelief "And don't say something childish"

Bucky licks his lips and I'd be lying if I said it didn't turn me on just slightly.

"Why did you give up that shield?" Bucky asks and just like that, the feeling is gone.

"Why are you making such a big deal out of something that has nothing to do with you?" Sam retorts.

"Steve believed in you. He trusted you. He gave you that shield for a reason. That shield, that is- that is everything he stood for. That is his legacy. He gave you that shield, and you threw it away like it was nothing" Bucky rants.

"Shut up" Sam snaps.

"So maybe he was wrong about you. And if he was wrong about you, then he was wrong about me!" Bucky continues, his voice cracking as he speaks.

"You finished?" Sam asks.

"Yeah" Bucky nods.

"All right, good" Sam replies "Maybe this is something you or Steve will never understand. But can you accept that I did what I thought was right?"

Bucky looks down at his lap and Sam scoffs, shaking his head as he looks to Christina.

"You know what, Doc? I don't have time for this. We have some real serious shit going on" Sam tells her "So how about this? I will squash it right now. We go deal with that, and when we're done, we both can go on separate, long vacations and never see each other again"