𝘘𝘜𝘐𝘕𝘘𝘜𝘌

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━━━✶━━━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
sir, with all due respect
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━━━✶━━━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

𝘈𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘢'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

We all sit on the plane in more comfortable clothes, Sam laying down on one side of the seats and Bucky sat on a pile of cargo while I sit on the ground with my knees pulled up to my chest.

"You all right?" I hear Sam ask and I glance up to see him looking at me.

I shrug, not really knowing how I feel and he frowns.

"Let's take the shield back" Bucky declares just as Sam opens his mouth to speak "Let's take the shield and do this ourselves"

"We can't just run up on the man, beat him up, and take it" Sam replies.

"Says who?" I pipe up.

"Do you remember what happened the last time we stole it?" Sam asks.

"Maybe" Bucky lies.

"I'll help you in case you forgot. Sharon was branded enemy of the state and Steve and I were on the run for two years. I don't know about you, but I don't wanna live the rest of my life la vida loca" Sam explains "We just got our ass handed to us by Super Soldiers, and we got nothing"

"Not entirely true" Bucky says.

The Barnes man gets up and sits down next to Sam, turning his head to look at the man.

"There is someone that you should meet"

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Hey, it's Black Falcon!" A little kid shouts as we walk through the neighbourhood "What's up?"

"It's just Falcon, kid" Sam replies.

"No, no. My daddy told me it's Black Falcon" The kid retorts and I laugh.

"Is it because I'm black and I'm the Falcon?" Sam asks.

"Well, technically, I mean, yes" The kid answers.

"So are you, like, black kid?" Sam then asks and the kid rolls his eyes dramatically making Sam laugh, turning to me "I got him, right?"

"Don't pick on the kids, Sam" I scold him.

"Hey, lady! Ain't you that chick from another planet?" The kid's little friend asks me and I smile warmly.

"I sure am, sweetheart" I answer the boy.

"You coming or what, doll?" Bucky hollers and I turn my head to see that he and Sam are further ahead now.

"Coming!" I yell out before looking at the kids "Stay out of trouble, kiddos"

They both salute me and I return the gesture before jogging after the guys.

I head up the steps of a porch and bangs his fist against the door. A teenage boy opens the front door, leaving the screen door closed.