runaway ii. (pp)

aurora and peter were going steady. they were known around the island as two people no one ever wanted to mess with. pan was stronger with the girl by his side. he knew he never wanted to let her go. she was his, and he was hers. felix and devin loved having a girl around. they always invited her to join their campfires, play games with them, anything they were doing, the boys never forgot to invite aurora. 

peter smiled every time he saw his girl. everyone called her neverland's princess. she knew it, but never acknowledged it. aurora never considered herself anything more than a lost girl. peter saw her as so much more than that. 

one night, pan pulled his girl aside whilst the lost boys were dancing around the fire. she smiled at the boy. he kissed the top of her hand and sat her down on a bench. felix and devin kept the other lost boys away from the pair to give them some privacy.

"you know you're our princess, yea?" peter smiled.

"peter, i'm not a princess. i'm no royal. i'm just me." aurora sighed.

"exactly, princess, you're you. you've charmed everyone here, including me, and we all see you as royalty. it's why we call you our neverland princess." pan took her hands in his.

"i never want to leave, peter. you won't make me go, will you?" she looks into his eyes.

"never, love. you'll never have to leave if you don't want to. who told you that?" he tried not to show his anger in front of the girl.

"wendy. she talks to me at night when you and the lost boys go to sleep. she said she's the neverland princess and that i'll never be able to fill that role." aurora admits.

peter kissed her forehead and waved felix over. pan gave the order to bring wendy down from her hut and have her sit by the fire. aurora asked peter not to kill her, as her brothers were still out there doing work for him. devin held the princess back and tried to remind the girl that pan would never kill someone unless they truly deserved it.

once wendy was in front of the fire, peter summoned her brothers. they were somewhere on the island. once they heard pan's call, john and michael were there within seconds. wendy smiled when she saw her brothers. she was worried about peter and what he'd do, but she didn't seem to care as much when she saw that the boys were alive. aurora kept quiet and just watched what pan was about to do.

john tried to hug wendy, but peter stood in front of her. michael didn't move a muscle. felix tied the brothers to a tree and the other lost boys made wendy stand up. john and michael watched felix with fear in their eyes as the ropes grew tighter around them.

"wendy, we've called you and your brothers here to tell you that you're free. you owe me nothing, i want nothing to do with any of you. you've bullied our princess for long enough, and it stops today. when you can get out of those ropes, all three of you are free to leave back to london." pan takes aurora's hand and led her away.

"peter, what's the catch with the ropes?" aurora asked.

"they won't let the boys go until they admit who they truly are to wendy. she doesn't know them as well as she thinks." pan chuckled.

"oh, you really are evil." she tried to hide her smile.

"wanna fly, princess?" peter pulled some pixie dust out of his pocket.

"more than anything." aurora's eyes lit up.

peter sprinkled the pixie dust over both of them, took her hand, and smiled as they lifted off the ground. aurora loved the dust. she loved flying over neverland. peter never failed to get some off tinkerbell. she was more than willing to give it to peter only if he swore to use solely for aurora. after a while, she grew tired and asked pan to bring them down. once they were on the ground, he picked the girl up bridal style and carried her to their shared hut. felix, devin, and a few other lost boys waved to the princess. she waved back and bid them goodnight.

"they really love you, darling." peter chuckled as he tucked her into bed.

"i love them, too. they're the sweetest boys." she said, half asleep.

peter looked at her with nothing less than love and adoration. he kissed her forehead, said goodnight, and headed back out to the lost boys. felix and david, the youngest lost boy, were sitting by a tree. they had been talking for awhile. peter waved them over, and the rest of the boys, to them something.

"she loves you boys. more than anything. don't hurt my girl, our princess, yea? we need her here. she's told me just how much she wishes to stay for awhile, maybe even forever, so you lot be nice." peter looked back and forth to each one of the boys.

"we love her too, pan. none of us would ever do anything to hurt her." felix chuckled.

peter nodded and hurried back to the hut before aurora woke up. she hated waking up alone, as it was something she always had to with her family back on the mainland. peter loved being there when she woke, he thought it was when she looked the most beautiful. felix, devin, and david went off to play hide and seek for the remainder of the night. 

pan fell asleep with a smile on his face, finally at peace with his life. he had the girl of his dreams and friends he knew he could always count on to be there for him just as he is for them.