common room. (mr)

the common room was usually empty at this time of night. the only ones there were mattheo riddle and carrie berkshire. the baby sister of mattheo's best friend, lorenzo berkshire. the girl he fell in love with the moment he laid eyes on her. the girl he knew enzo would kill over. they were both sitting on the couch by the fire, cuddled up with carrie's head on mattheo's shoulder. 

mattheo and carrie started dating and sneaking around about a year ago. theo and tom already knew about them, but draco and enzo didn't. carrie wanted to tell everyone, as did mattheo, but they knew her older brother's temper would probably get the better of him. the couple heard someone coming down the stairs and moved away from each other. it was enzo. he'd been looking for his sister so he could talk to her.

"hey cares. why're you here with matt?" enzo asked.

"i honestly didn't even know he was in here. got caught up in my book." she lied, showing him the book in her hand.

"okay. you got a minute? i wanted to talk to you." he cocked an eyebrow.

"sure." carrie got up and followed her brother back to his dorm.

a little while later, the girl made her way back down to the common room. mattheo was focused on something on his phone, but immediately shot his head up when he heard footsteps. enzo had gone to sleep after talking to carrie, which gave them more time to spend together. riddle couldn't help it, pulling the girl on his lap and kissing her nose. she blushed under his gaze. 

"you're so fucking beautiful." he tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"thank you, handsome." she hid her face in his chest.

"my girl is always so shy around me." mattheo rested his head on top of hers and played with her hair.

"i wanna tell him, matty." her voice laced with fear.

"tell who what, love?" he pulled back to see her face.

"enzo. i wanna tell him the truth. we've been together almost a year. i wanna be able to show you off, hold your hand in public, kiss you." carrie couldn't meet his eyes.

mattheo lifted her chin with his finger and connected their lips. she was the first to break it and make eye contact with her lover. he had nothing but love and admiration in his eyes as he looked at what he knew was the love of his life. carrie couldn't help the light shade of pink that dusted across her face. 

"baby, we can tell him whenever you want. my main concern is you and your safety. i know his temper and i don't want him to be angry with you." the boys kissed her forehead

"thank you, matty!" she squealed and hugged him.

the couple notice through the window that the sun was coming up. enzo and draco would be the first ones down soon. they went separate ways to get ready for the day and met back up an hour or two later. enzo, draco, tom, and theodore were all in the common room when mattheo and carrie entered. 

"enz? can i talk to you for a minute?" carrie smiled at her older brother.

"sure. we'll meet you guys in the great hall later." enzo smiled at his friends as they left.

"what's up?" he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"mattheo and i are dating. we have been for almost a year. we wanted to tell you but your temper scares us sometimes." carrie took a step back.

"i'm sorry that i've made you feel as though you couldn't talk to me. but, i'm happy for you, sis. if he hurts you, i'll chop his fucking dick off though." the boy pulled his sister in for a hug.

they made their way to the great hall. mattheo saw carrie and his face lit up almost instantly. she nodded, silently telling him that enzo knows. riddle hurried over to his girl, picked her up and spun her around. theo cheered for them, draco sat in amazement that mattheo would ever get a girl. once the lovebirds sat down, they explained everything. from when they started dating to the present. 

mattheo was hers, and carrie was his. no one was ever going to change that. they were destined for each other, soulmates.