the mark. (rb)

regulus couldn't take it anymore. he knew she needed to know and he had to tell her as soon as possible. black started dating jenny when they were in their first year of hogwarts. currently being in their seventh and final year, their relationship was still going strong as ever. jenny knew regulus was hiding something from her, but she never pushed. she knew he'd come to her when he was ready to tell her.

"darling, can you come here, please?" regulus called over to her as she was sitting next to her brother, mattheo.

"of course. excuse me, matty." she smiled at headed over to her boyfriend.

"are you okay, reggie?" jenny asked as soon as they were in his dorm.

"i need to tell you something. i've been trying to find the right time, but i never did - " he was cut off by jenny taking his hand and sitting him down.

"you got the dark mark, didn't you?" her voice laced with worry.

"it wasn't my choice, love, i swear it." he tried to explain.

jenny wiped her eyes then looked into regulus'. there was nothing but sadness and sorrow. he looked truly broken. she didn't even hesitate before wrapping her arms around him in a hug. the boy sobbed into her shoulder. someone knocked on the door. jenny snapped at them to go away, but calmed once she saw it was just her brother. mattheo knew he told his sister about the mark.

"we all have it, jenny. father made us all get the mark. you're the only one he spared." mattheo sat at her desk.

"why me? i'm his daughter." she looked between the boys.

"he didn't want you to get hurt. he says he's doing all this for you, to keep you safe. tom and i were assigned to kill any boy that so much as looks in your direction." mattheo explained.

"i don't like this." jenny sighed.

"you're the slytherin princess, love. you must be protected at all costs." regulus kissed her forehead.

mattheo nodded in agreement. tom and lorenzo berkshire entered her room a little while later. they all showed her the dark mark on their arms. she was angry with the man she called her father. why would he go through these lengths to protect just her? what about his sons, her brothers? regulus couldn't help but apologize over and over, knowing she was upset.

"don't be sorry, reggie, it's fine." she reassured him.

"matt? why is he doing this? i'm seventeen, i don't need to be protected nor do i want to be." the girl turned towards her brother.

"we don't questions father's motives, jennifer, you know this." tom cut in.

jenny flinched at the use of her full name. tom was the only one who ever used it, and even then it was rare. regulus wrapped his arms around his girl and nodded for the boys to leave. once they were gone, she cried in his hold. jenny never saw the point in the measures her father took to "keep her safe". the girl decided enough was enough. she'd be getting the mark, whether he liked it or not. she didn't want to be left out anymore.

"you're not doing that, jenny. i can't let you." regulus' eyes were filled with worry and fear.

"i'm not asking for permission. i'm tired of being left out of things or treated like i'm about to break." she apparated out of there.

"shit. mattheo! tom! she's gone!" black screamed as he ran out into the common room.

"what? where'd she go?" tom was the first to speak.

"she said something about not wanting to be left out anymore, not wanting to be treated like glass, and was gone." regulus panicked.

mattheo and tom shared a look. they knew where their little sister was going. regulus had a theory but he was hoping he was wrong. lorenzo and theodore stayed behind with regulus whilst the riddle brothers apparated to their manor, hoping they could get to jenny before it was too late.