Elemental Mechs | "A Pain in the Mech!"

Start from the beginning

"I can't explain what the lovey-dovery couple had going on but I know this. But warning, it's a bit weird. Mm!" Kai stated before slurping a noodle from his head.

"You left the Monastery to get lunch and came back hours later covered in food." Guessed the Green Ninja, "It's... already weird."

"All we wanted to do was take Kai, Cole and his family to the noodle cook-off in the Crossroads," Arin explained, Riyu leaped on his shoulder to slurp up some noodles on the ninja's shoulder.

"Which started out okay."

(𝙰 𝚏𝚎𝚠 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢.)

Our group was seen at the Crossroads.

"Sensei! Hurry up! We gotta get to the cook-off!" Arin urged me. He, Riyu, Sora and Kai were already in front of me and my family.

"Coming! I'm just waiting on two hungry boys..." I replied before turning my attention to Cole and my son getting some food.

I held my hips at how much time they were taking, "You two either choose which bowl of noodles you want or I'm going with the others."

Cole and Adam turned to me, eating Chen's noodles, "But Angel...!" I signalled my husband to finish his mouthful before speaking, "But, love. You said you'd treat us! Remember?"

I sighed, "Yes, yes I did. But I never expected you to use this opportunity to your advantage!" I pointed at all the stalls we've been to, "We went at almost every food stall they had IN the Crossroads!"

Adam only looked at me while eating his noodles, Cole did the same making me see double already.

I blinked before realizing my son was turning more and more into Cole, "Oh no...I'm seeing double already...This was only supposed to happen when Adam turns 15...!"

"Dad? What's wrong with mom?" Adam looked at his father in question, eating his food.

"Don't worry about your mother, bud. Every parent goes through this. One way or another." Cole shrugged it off.

You could hear me groan once more, "That's it! I'm betting that when we get back after, Lloyd's gonna want an explanation of what happened. And then we explain the situation after being either covered in noodles or none! Maybe there would also be some dragons coming to eat us alive! I don't know. And I'm placing 50 bucks on the line if that happens!" I rambled about the future again.

Cole finally finished his bowl, "50? You're placing 50 bucks on the table for that kind of theory, (Y/N)?"

"Yes. I am. And I'm not taking my word back. Or maybe..." I smiled at my husband, "My dear husband is too scared to challenge his wife." With that, I left to join the others.

You could hear the Earth Ninja gasp, "You did NOT just say that to me, Angel!"

"Ooh!~ She did, Dad! Quick, do a comeback!" Adam was intrigued by the sudden competition between us.

"Okay. Deal." I sensed Cole already next to me, taking out a hand for me to shake, "You better not go back on your word, love. You may be my wife. But I'm not going easy on y'a."