After much contemplation, Tang Ning decided to build his courage. He gathered a pile of horror movies and, cuddling with his cat on the sofa, watched them. Every time a ghost jumped out on the screen, both Tang Ning and the cat would scream in unison.

After doing this for five or six days, his courage didn't improve much, but the cat refused to let Tang Ning onto the sofa again.

In an attempt to please the cat, Tang Ning opened cans of its favorite cat food every meal. While the little kitty happily feasted, he indulged in a heap of high-calorie sweets. Creamy profiteroles went one after another into his mouth, his fingertips sinking into the cream, unintentionally turning them crimson.

His eye sockets were red, the tip of his nose was red, and so were his fingertips. The rest of him was almost transparently pale. Wrapped in a loose shirt sprayed with sandalwood-scented perfume, Tang Ning hugged his legs, burying his face in his knees.

Midway through his joyful indulgence, the cat lifted its head and, seeing Tang Ning curled up in the corner, abandoned the cat food and silently approached him, settling by his feet.

After an unknown period, the quiet atmosphere was disturbed by a ringing phone. Tang Ning lifted his head, sluggishly answered the call, and heard the excited voice of his agent, "Ning Ning! You're famous!"

"Huh?"

"Haven't you seen this episode of 'Urban Legends'? You've become a sensation!"

Tang Ning, still puzzled, opened the hot searches and found #HighQualityHumanHorrorFilmRecord#, #AllCastActingKingsAndQueens#, #TangNingShouldActInHorrorMovies#.

The video showed Tang Ning confronting a white-clad female ghost with paper money in hand for fourteen seconds. The light and shadow flowed on his face from the car windows on both sides, his pale visage stunningly beautiful. Speaking eyes gazed sorrowfully and resolutely at the fierce ghost, trembling lips slightly quivering. Blue veins appeared on his slender neck, resembling fragile porcelain on the brink of shattering.

Countless praises flooded in:

"This shot made me finally appreciate Tang Ning's looks. Such a fragile feeling!"

"Who is this actor? His acting made me think the ghost was real!"

"Help, it's so eerie! This isn't the wooden beauty I thought! He's so eerie that my heart trembles!"

"Go act in horror movies, I'll definitely watch!"

Numerous compliments left Tang Ning somewhat dazed. He used to be criticized for dragging down his looks with poor acting, awkward expressions, and a lack of a beautiful aura. Now, seeing the overwhelming praise, Tang Ning felt both surprised and a bit downhearted.

It's not that his acting has improved.

It's just that there's really a ghost over there...

The agent on the phone praised Tang Ning's performance endlessly, "Ning Ning, have you secretly practiced your acting recently? I knew it! With your face, as long as your acting is passable, you'll surely become popular!"

Tang Ning tried to refuse several times, but the agent's continuous words left him no chance to interject.

Holding the phone, Tang Ning listened to the agent excitedly envisioning the future. Eventually, he didn't refuse.

Participating in a good movie had always been his dream.

Arriving at the Jin Entertainment office, Tang Ning received the script from his agent and flipped through it. The movie began with the male lead being bullied in school, then making a deal with ghosts for revenge. The story concluded with a typical Chinese film ending, where there were actually no ghosts, and the male lead had developed a mental illness from the bullying, imagining everything.